Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: My how the tide has shifted

Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mike, I'm not referring to perks that come with levels of giving. That is expected and part of college athletics fundraising. I'm talking about those that enjoy the fellowship, friendship or recognition of coaches more than the programs they run. Those two things are not the same.
    You can enjoy your friendship with coaches and still understand that the business side of the profession requires tough decisions at times. For example, if Coach Marlin is not retained following the upcoming season, I don’t believe any current Rebounders Club members will reduce their contributions for the following year. If so, the number will be very few. Some will continue to be friends with Coach Marlin in his next chapter in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You can enjoy your friendship with coaches and still understand that the business side of the profession requires tough decisions at times. For example, if Coach Marlin is not retained following the upcoming season, I don’t believe any current Rebounders Club members will reduce their contributions for the following year. If so, the number will be very few. Some will continue to be friends with Coach Marlin in his next chapter in life.
    I think there are some that can't, unfortunately.

3. Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

I think there are some that can't, unfortunately.
    Especially in the Rebounders Club it’s creepy, really.

I understand and this has been discussed ad nauseam. My point in responding to his mention of Billy Napier, is that I've learned through my own personal experiences with coaches, never put personalities over the program. While I'm extremely grateful for Billy Napier and staff, I will always put the program first unless their was evidence that the administration treated them unfairly. That was never the case with Napier or Marlin, but there is a segment of our fan base that value playing golf and attending BBQs with coaches over what is best for the program. At this point in my life, I'm not one of those fans.
    Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s my point mike. These guys questioned moves made by Deggs throughout the year. But obviously they don’t know baseball cause babysitter said so
    You mad Mullet ? Yeah, there are people on this board that understand the game. More don’t understand it. Choose your category. Even Jay Walker has to remind some of you that your football mentality doesn’t translate to knowing the game of baseball. Go chew on his ass.

Go chew on whose ass? Sounds like you’re the one who is mad.

Jay Walker isn’t the end all be all on this board when it comes to who is right and who is wrong. I respect his knowledge but just cause he says something is right doesn’t make it so. It’s his opinion just like everyone else on this board.

And since you want to ____ on anyone who you say “doesn’t know baseball” please post your credentials. It doesn’t take an expert to see that things needed to change midseason. It doesn’t take an expert to see the approach changed around that time. Make of it what you will. You can stop being a _____ or continue on. I promise I can be the bigger one

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Go chew on whose ass? Sounds like you’re the one who is mad.

Jay Walker isn’t the end all be all on this board when it comes to who is right and who is wrong. I respect his knowledge but just cause he says something is right doesn’t make it so. It’s his opinion just like everyone else on this board.

And since you want to ____ on anyone who you say “doesn’t know baseball” please post your credentials. It doesn’t take an expert to see that things needed to change midseason. It doesn’t take an expert to see the approach changed around that time. Make of it what you will. You can stop being a _____ or continue on. I promise I can be the bigger one
    I don't always agree with M$M but he has been on this site a lot longer and he has some creed here. And everyone of his posts isn't negative like babysitters is.

Just like there is more than one way to skin a cat, there is more than one way to play [or coach] baseball correctly.

Just because I prefer a certain style of play doesn't mean that another style of play is wrong, it is just different.

9. Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Just like there is more than one way to skin a cat, there is more than one way to play [or coach] baseball correctly.

Just because I prefer a certain style of play doesn't mean that another style of play is wrong, it is just different.
    touche'

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Especially in the Rebounders Club it’s creepy, really.
    Much fewer than you think don't understand the business side of college athletics. As I said earlier, once a change is made whenever that may be, you will see little change in support from all the people helping basketball now. They will continue to help as they realize funds raised go towards improving the experience for the players. That does not change regardless of who is at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

Exactly! I use this example all the time. In 2000 we went to the CWS playing small ball, while LSU got there with gorilla ball. Two completely different styles, both ended up in Omaha. Coach to what your team is and good things happen. Atleast that's the way I see it

Geaux Cajuns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    Exactly! I use this example all the time. In 2000 we went to the CWS playing small ball, while LSU got there with gorilla ball. Two completely different styles, both ended up in Omaha. Coach to what your team is and good things happen. Atleast that's the way I see it

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    2000 was a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    2000 was a great season.
    And if I remember correctly we had a ten game losing streak that year and bounced back to beat some really good teams. That was fun to watch that’s for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    And if I remember correctly we had a ten game losing streak that year and bounced back to beat some really good teams. That was fun to watch that’s for sure!
    I think it was eight out of nine, but your point is well taken. Even great teams can hit a lull. And, that's why you can't take umbrage every time your team loses.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think it was eight out of nine, but your point is well taken. Even great teams can hit a lull. And, that's why you can't take umbrage every time your team loses.
    Jay, this is Ragin Pagin after all, please dont use fancy words like "umbrage"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information