Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: My how the tide has shifted

Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Saying “man, he caught too much of the plate with that pitch” is WAY different than “he threw it right down the middle!!!”

The foolishness shows when a fan thinks these guys can locate their pitches exactly where they want to every pitch. A 3-2 pitch that gets hammered was a pitch that had a margin of error of about 6-8 inches. A couple one way and its ball 4, and the fan gripes that the pitcher walked the guy. Right on and its an out (or possibly an unlucky hit allowed). A few inches the other way and “he threw it right down the middle!”
    If memory serves correctly, you got extremely rattled because another poster stated a pitcher threw a meat ball. The pitch was a fat pitch that got hit a long way. You may think criticisms make others look foolish, but your inability to separate the facts from your feelings don’t make you look great either.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    There’s the Caviar side of an issue and the Vic side of an issue.
    Slander!

3. Default Re: My how the tide has shifted

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Slander!
    Not one bit, however extreme ___ apparent. You really need to try and get over Vic and try just being a Cajun’s fan. I promise it would be a lot more fun.

If memory serves correctly, you got extremely rattled because another poster stated a pitcher threw a meat ball. The pitch was a fat pitch that got hit a long way. You may think criticisms make others look foolish, but your inability to separate the facts from your feelings don’t make you look great either.
    You’re right. I have a different perspective than most of the emotional meltdown posters do during games (and the season). I see the (negative) facts, and am disappointed in the results just like everyone else. I also know that missing with a pitch, making an error, swinging at a bad pitch, making a base running mistake, or striking out in a big situation has nothing to do with a lack of effort 99% of the time. Those kinds of things happen in every inning of every baseball game from tee ball to the big leagues Now, a lack of effort SHOULD get the player hammered on here.

I also understand that the things listed above will draw criticism. I guess my issue is with the tone or the addition of “stupid” or “terrible”. It aggravates the hell out of me. Or when a guy hits a seed right at an infielder with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs…and people get ____ed that he didnt get the job done. Yes, the fact is he didnt get the run home. But he did exactly what he was supposed to. Criticism for that drives me crazy.

That said, I stopped reading in game threads over the latter part of the year, until after the game was over. Until the last one, and saw Brock was being criticized for taking a fastball for a strike after 5 straight balls with the bases loaded. And then I was told by that poster after I responded that I obviously have no baseball intelligence.

I learned a long time ago never get too up or too down about any coach. They will come and they will go with very little control about it on our part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    Every debate has at least two sides. Most every opinion has a counter opinion. I guess you believe only your opinion or “side” counts, correct?
    When did I ever assume that?

You’re right. I have a different perspective than most of the emotional meltdown posters do during games (and the season). I see the (negative) facts, and am disappointed in the results just like everyone else. I also know that missing with a pitch, making an error, swinging at a bad pitch, making a base running mistake, or striking out in a big situation has nothing to do with a lack of effort 99% of the time. Those kinds of things happen in every inning of every baseball game from tee ball to the big leagues Now, a lack of effort SHOULD get the player hammered on here.

I also understand that the things listed above will draw criticism. I guess my issue is with the tone or the addition of “stupid” or “terrible”. It aggravates the hell out of me. Or when a guy hits a seed right at an infielder with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs…and people get ____ed that he didnt get the job done. Yes, the fact is he didnt get the run home. But he did exactly what he was supposed to. Criticism for that drives me crazy.

That said, I stopped reading in game threads over the latter part of the year, until after the game was over. Until the last one, and saw Brock was being criticized for taking a fastball for a strike after 5 straight balls with the bases loaded. And then I was told by that poster after I responded that I obviously have no baseball intelligence.
    Swinging at a bad pitch happens in T-ball?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Swinging at a bad pitch happens in T-ball?
    Those “kinds” of things

If thats what you got out of that post…

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    When did I ever assume that?
    Wasn't you tasked with getting Josh straight? LMAO.

Those “kinds” of things

If thats what you got out of that post…
    Dude I was just picking with you. I agree with you post.

Few things here I definitely agree with. Effort should never be a question and when it’s not there it’s gonna get heavy criticism. Bad luck outs with guys on happen. I will say that was a huge issue for this team and a lot of it wasn’t just luck. The thing with Brock. Hell yes man. My biggest pet peeve in baseball is giving a pitcher unraveling a gift.

One thing I can guarantee you: you can count on this “meltdown fan” in the game threads next year. Can’t promise the tone will always be perfect but you’re right it’s something to be cognizant of.

One thing I found strange with the critics vs. true fans (insert better term here) was the critics oddly lined up closer with at certain points. For example, Deggs says we are a regional team. The critics set that as their bar for the season. The true fans took the position of that statement being “coach speak” and anyone not getting that was naive. Deggs proved both groups wrong to an extent. Also as a “critic” it was refreshing to hear Deggs talk about not being where we wanted to be exactly heading in to the conference tournament. I took it as a positive that the guy at the top realized some opportunities had been missed this season.

I’m sure they’ll be plenty of 2023 baseball discussions in the off-season. I look forward to your inputs sf21. Your opinion may not always be mine but you’ve got interesting takes and an obvious knowledge of the game.

Few things here I definitely agree with. Effort should never be a question and when it’s not there it’s gonna get heavy criticism. Bad luck outs with guys on happen. I will say that was a huge issue for this team and a lot of it wasn’t just luck. The thing with Brock. Hell yes man. My biggest pet peeve in baseball is giving a pitcher unraveling a gift.

One thing I can guarantee you: you can count on this “meltdown fan” in the game threads next year. Can’t promise the tone will always be perfect but you’re right it’s something to be cognizant of.

One thing I found strange with the critics vs. true fans (insert better term here) was the critics oddly lined up closer with at certain points. For example, Deggs says we are a regional team. The critics set that as their bar for the season. The true fans took the position of that statement being “coach speak” and anyone not getting that was naive. Deggs proved both groups wrong to an extent. Also as a “critic” it was refreshing to hear Deggs talk about not being where we wanted to be exactly heading in to the conference tournament. I took it as a positive that the guy at the top realized some opportunities had been missed this season.

I’m sure they’ll be plenty of 2023 baseball discussions in the off-season. I look forward to your inputs sf21. Your opinion may not always be mine but you’ve got interesting takes and an obvious knowledge of the game.
    We are in agreement. And I don’t recall you being one of the people I was referring to for the most part.

I’m excited as hell to see the direction of the program and I think the future is bright.

Geaux Cajuns!

We are in agreement. And I don’t recall you being one of the people I was referring to for the most part.

I’m excited as hell to see the direction of the program and I think the future is bright.

Geaux Cajuns!
    And some one actually questioned his knowledge.

This team peaked at the right time. Appreciate them fighting through the conference tourney, winning it. Then beating TCU in the regional and then taking it to A & M was fun. Am looking forward to next baseball season. Always do, but expectations will be higher next season which adds to the excitement and anticipation and hopefully larger home crowds.

That said, I stopped reading in game threads over the latter part of the year, until after the game was over.
    I learned during either the 2019 or 2020 football season this was the way to go. Don’t read game threads till the day after.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information