Default Re: Landrey Wilkerson

A slugger?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    A slugger?
    OF

JT Taylor: Hit .393 with a .526 OBP%, 59 runs scored, 59 hits, 11 doubles, one triple, 10 homers, 35 RBIs, 35 walks and seven steals.

Landrey Wilkerson: Hit .360 with a .504 OBP%, 73 runs scored, 72 hits, 14 doubles, 3 triples, 20 homers, 72 RBI, 52 walks and 12 steals.

Hopefully they like the cold crisp taste of water straight from the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    JT Taylor: Hit .393 with a .526 OBP%, 59 runs scored, 59 hits, 11 doubles, one triple, 10 homers, 35 RBIs, 35 walks and seven steals.

Landrey Wilkerson: Hit .360 with a .504 OBP%, 73 runs scored, 72 hits, 14 doubles, 3 triples, 20 homers, 72 RBI, 52 walks and 12 steals.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

On paper looks like Deggs kind of guys who he can develop.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    New Ragin Cajuns baseball commitment.

https://crowderathletics.com/sports/.n_landrey_hcjb
    On campus in fall?

What are we doing about pitching?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Scoring more runs!!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    We can always get better. However, we actually led the Sun Belt in team ERA for the second year in a row. Our team ERA went from 3.34 in 2021 to 4.10 this year. The average Sun Belt team ERA was 5.34, up from 4.92 last year.

Runs scored in the Sunbelt went from 3,405 last year to 4,084 this year, an increase of 19.9%. Talk about inflation. The same is true all across college baseball. Probably time to raise the stiches on the baseball like MLB. Our runs scored increased 19.7%.

Just like golf, players are getting stronger and using technology to perfect swing mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We can always get better. However, we actually led the Sun Belt in team ERA for the second year in a row. Our team ERA went from 3.34 in 2021 to 4.10 this year. The average Sun Belt team ERA was 5.34, up from 4.92 last year.

Runs scored in the Sunbelt went from 3,405 last year to 4,084 this year, an increase of 19.9%. Talk about inflation. The same is true all across college baseball. Probably time to raise the stiches on the baseball like MLB.

Just like golf, players are getting stronger and using technology to perfect swing mechanics.
    I think we need to replace some of our guys that are out of eligibility. That may have caused the question. We do have some good guys coming back next year. Our projected weekend rotation at the beginning of the year was never there. I think it was a very good job done by our coaching staff to piece it together during the year. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    On campus in fall?
    They are recent commitments, but I don't see anywhere that they have signed. But yes, both are JC players so if both sign they would enroll this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post

Runs scored in the Sunbelt went from 3,405 last year to 4,084 this year, an increase of 19.9%. Talk about inflation. The same is true all across college baseball. Probably time to raise the stiches on the baseball like MLB. Our runs scored increased 19.7%.

Thanks for the stats, if furthers my point in another thread that pitching is down this year in college baseball. I heard Todd Walker mention the ball was changed in recent years, but if you look at some of the MLB draft projections, they're are more HS pitchers projected in the first round than college pitchers. I don't know the statistical comparison between the new balls and the older, but to me pitching talent has been down this season.

Oklahoma State has scored a 100 runs this weekend, that's ridiculous. I don't see in staff in the teams still playing with the quality that Vanderbilt had a few years back. Tennessee looks like they are the best, but I'm not certain of that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Thanks for the stats, if furthers my point in another thread that pitching is down this year in college baseball. I heard Todd Walker mention the ball was changed in recent years, but if you look at some of the MLB draft projections, they're are more HS pitchers projected in the first round than college pitchers. I don't know the statistical comparison between the new balls and the older, but to me pitching talent has been down this season.

Oklahoma State has scored a 100 runs this weekend, that's ridiculous. I don't see in staff in the teams still playing with the quality that Vanderbilt had a few years back. Tennessee looks like they are the best, but I'm not certain of that statement.
    The offense output is nuts right now in college baseball. Pitching is down. Also, the limited draft in 2020 sent a bunch of great high school hitters, who would normally turn pro, to college for development.

Dylan Crews at LSU is a prime example. He was projected mid-1st round out of high school in 2020, so he went to college.

Freshman Tommy White at NC State finished with 27 HR this season, a record and announced he is in the portal.

Lastly, there are a bunch of older position guys playing five and six seasons with extra COVID seasons, grad transfers and no "sit out rule". After four years a lot of college pitchers arms are simply shot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information