Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 22 Regional G3: Louisiana 1, TCU 6

Default Re: 22 Regional G3: Louisiana 1, TCU 6

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Not having Kimp and Max was a big deal for sure.

The transfer portal scares the hell out of me!
    We don't have to worry about anyone stealing our pitchers.

I don’t think the portal is concerning. We lost starters to it last year and everyone on this team saw where they were at the end of the regular season.

3. Default Re: 22 Regional G3: Louisiana 1, TCU 6

I’ve doubted Deggs being the guy off and on the past couple seasons. Those days are over for me. I’m all in on Deggs. We’re undeniably better than we were when he took over, and we have a fearless group of players who punched the National #5 seed in the face and easily could have won Saturday night. I’m already ready for 2023 season!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Good season and definitely saw the team get better as the season went on. Is anyone still ready to hit the panic button on Deggs?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    I’ve doubted Deggs being the guy off and on the past couple seasons. Those days are over for me. I’m all in on Deggs. We’re undeniably better than we were when he took over, and we have a fearless group of players who punched the National #5 seed in the face and easily could have won Saturday night. I’m already ready for 2023 season!
    Yup Deggs ball is exciting and frustrating all at the same time Players seem to grasp it now. Its overall fun to watch and our base stealing keeps pitchers nervous. Now let's recruit some pitchers!!! We need a consistent Ace or 2

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Yup Deggs ball is exciting and frustrating all at the same time Players seem to grasp it now. Its overall fun to watch and our base stealing keeps pitchers nervous. Now let's recruit some pitchers!!! We need a consistent Ace or 2
    Or 3

6. Default Re: 22 Regional G3: Louisiana 1, TCU 6

Deggs Ball: This is the way its gonna be, like it or not. We are going to win a lot more than we lose. Baseball is back at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The ones that need to “grasp” this style of play are the fans because it ain’t changing.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Not having Max and Kimple really hurt. That was a difference maker for sure.
    I agree those injuries to 2 key guys were a big factor in results this weekend. Only getting 1 run in 2 bases loaded situations was our biggest disappointment today. Had a bad feeling it was not our day when Lada hit into the double play. Not a knock on him as he hit the ball hard, simply right at someone. Going forward, we need a deeper pitching staff, continued development of the returnees, a little luck, and the injury bug staying away to advance deeper into the post season. IF ALL of those things happen, a run at Omaha may be possible.

As far as “aces” go, I’d say barring anything out of the ordinary, Bo Bonds is your ace next year. We will need to fill in behind him but I can see other guys on the staff elevating their game next year too. You also get Blake Marshall back.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    The ones that need to “grasp” this style of play are the fans because it ain’t changing.
    Well, hard to argue with success. Should only get better

Consider a few things. Typical team size in past years was +\- 34. And half are usually pitchers. We were at 28 with a lot of bang ups and injuries. Still made it to Sunday.

Baseball is a relatively small community with all of the travel ball and showcases. Maybe some of our returning players can recruit some of their buddies that they know would “fit in” here to fill some of the holes that will be created by graduation, possible draft signees, and the normal off season attrition.

Getting the right guys is just as important as talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    As far as “aces” go, I’d say barring anything out of the ordinary, Bo Bonds is your ace next year. We will need to fill in behind him but I can see other guys on the staff elevating their game next year too. You also get Blake Marshall back.
    Pitching is premium right now, as noted by some of the scores around regionals this weekend. This is a down year for pitching around college baseball, there aren't many teams with top major league pitching prospects like Vanderbilt a few years back. So improvement will have to come internally and hitting on a few transfers.

Good season, finished better than most thought it would. On to football.

Congrats to Deggs and the boys on a great season. Ready for the 2023 grind.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information