Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 22 Regional G2: Louisiana 6, Texas A&M 9

Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    My assumption is that Nathan Dettmer has recovered from the blister on his foot … and we will face him tonight. Quality arm (righty). Stuck it to Texas, Arkansas, and Georgia.

Brian
    How is a and m fielders? Can we make progress with our base stealing etc?

Concerned about Shultzy's effectiveness today. The last time he threw over 120 pitches he didn't have a very good outing the next time out. That was against App St if I recall correctly. 142 is an awful lot to come back from even with a full week of recovery.

Krazy

3. Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm

My assumption is that Nathan Dettmer has recovered from the blister on his foot … and we will face him tonight. Quality arm (righty). Stuck it to Texas, Arkansas, and Georgia.

Brian
    He threw against Alabama in the SEC Tournament and did not have a good start. He was just coming off of that blister and it may have been giving him problems.

The other option would be the freshman lefty (Prager).

Brian

Ticket acquired. Go Cajuns

He threw against Alabama in the SEC Tournament and did not have a good start. He was just coming off of that blister and it may have been giving him problems.

The other option would be the freshman lefty (Prager).

Brian
    With Kimple and Max out, and CJ and Lafleur (both LH hitters) the best replacements, I’m hoping its Dettmer and we don’t see the lefty.

I’ve watched a ton of A&M games this year, that’s the other school I closely follow (and was irritated they and the Cajuns are in the same regional). Dettmer has had a roller coaster season. He started out on fire, had 3-4 bad outings, then 5-6 really good starts against quality teams in conference play. And as you mentioned, had the blister issue and has been atrocious his last few times out.

Joseph (Moo) Menefee is their version of Bo Bonds. Guy is a big LH that has electric stuff, but they burned him with a 3 or so inning outing yesterday. The mid relievers are all very hit or miss. All are capable of shoving for an inning or two, and also capable of not retiring a single hitter. They do have a really good arm at the back end of the pen in lefty Jacob Palisch. He’s extremely tough to hit and has exceptional command (8 walks and 54 Ks in 46 innings)

The Cajuns should be able to score some runs. And will need to. A&M is a very good offensive team. They work counts as good as any team you will see, make a lot of contact, and have a lineup full of guys who can hit the ball to the moon. Schultz will need to be able to minimize damage and not get down about giving up a HR or two. Just make sure they are solo HRs.

That said, with Menefee likely unavailable, until you get to Palisch, they don’t have overwhelming pitching and they have struggled defensively, especially over the last handful of games. The Cajuns will need to get base runners on and continue to do what they do…put pressure on the defense. Troy Claunch at catcher throws well so stealing bases wont be easy, but he is a below average receiver and doesnt block balls all that well so base runners will need to be heads up and ready to move on balls in the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Ticket acquired. Go Cajuns
    My Godson just got his hands on One and he is on his way to meet friends.

His parents raised him correct.

Nathan Dettmer
    Never heard of her

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    With Kimple and Max out, and CJ and Lafleur (both LH hitters) the best replacements, I’m hoping its Dettmer and we don’t see the lefty.

I’ve watched a ton of A&M games this year, that’s the other school I closely follow (and was irritated they and the Cajuns are in the same regional). Dettmer has had a roller coaster season. He started out on fire, had 3-4 bad outings, then 5-6 really good starts against quality teams in conference play. And as you mentioned, had the blister issue and has been atrocious his last few times out.

Joseph (Moo) Menefee is their version of Bo Bonds. Guy is a big LH that has electric stuff, but they burned him with a 3 or so inning outing yesterday. The mid relievers are all very hit or miss. All are capable of shoving for an inning or two, and also capable of not retiring a single hitter. They do have a really good arm at the back end of the pen in lefty Jacob Palisch. He’s extremely tough to hit and has exceptional command (8 walks and 54 Ks in 46 innings)

The Cajuns should be able to score some runs. And will need to. A&M is a very good offensive team. They work counts as good as any team you will see, make a lot of contact, and have a lineup full of guys who can hit the ball to the moon. Schultz will need to be able to minimize damage and not get down about giving up a HR or two. Just make sure they are solo HRs.

That said, with Menefee likely unavailable, until you get to Palisch, they don’t have overwhelming pitching and they have struggled defensively, especially over the last handful of games. The Cajuns will need to get base runners on and continue to do what they do…put pressure on the defense. Troy Claunch at catcher throws well so stealing bases wont be easy, but he is a below average receiver and doesnt block balls all that well so base runners will need to be heads up and ready to move on balls in the dirt.
    Forgive my ask but why is Kimple and max out

9. Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    How is a and m fielders? Can we make progress with our base stealing etc?
    Claunch has thrown out only 9 of 36 base stealers. But keep in mind that an attempt number this low typically means that only the elite base stealers are attempting to run. Similar to attempts on Brock. He is an SEC catcher for the #5 national seed.

A&M is a good defensive team, but not a great one. They are one of the best hitting teams in the country.

Brian

10. Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

I have been impressed with Menefee the two times I have seen him pitch … and was happy to see him in the game yesterday (when it was still in doubt).

Brian

11. Default Re: Cajuns vs aTm

Max got hurt last night. Jay said Kimple is day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Max got hurt last night. Jay said Kimple is day to day.
    Was it that jump at the home run? I think max was playing center. Came down weird. I thought he had the ball for a second too.

Schultz should be very confident. Last week he has loose with plenty of swag after 2 innings. Hopefully he is dialed in after an inning tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Was it that jump at the home run? I think max was playing center. Came down weird. I thought he had the ball for a second too.
    I think it was running to 1B?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Schultz should be very confident. Last week he has loose with plenty of swag after 2 innings. Hopefully he is dialed in after an inning tonite.
    You would probably know this better than me. I think the mental part will be there. What about arm fatigue after throwing 142? No lingering affects that will make his stuff not as effective?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information