Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Frenchie35

Default Re: Anybody heard from Frenchie35 lately?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Back when they were doing construction on the end zone seating at Cajun Field, I stopped in to check out the progress. Frenchie happened to be there taking pictures and I got to meet him and have a nice conversation. A prince of a man, he is.
    The only time I met Frenchie was in a similar situation. I was in Lafayette and went to check out the Cajun Field upgrades. He was also there driving his red golf cart taking pictures to share on Ragin’ Pagin.

We met and spoke to each other about Cajun athletics and Ragin’ Pagin.

RIP.

Default Re: Frenchie35

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Prayers for his family. I always loved seeing his pictures. Be it updates from campus, what he was cooking/about to eat, or made for his back patio. He was a great wood craftsman. RIP Frenchie. Sad indeed.
    Yes indeed. He was very skilled with his hands and was one of the best score book keepers around.

Man…I’m really sorry to hear this. Great guy and great family. I didn’t know him well but I knew his daughter very well and I will certainly miss seeing his name on this forum.

Rest In Peace friend

Sad to hear this news about Frenchie’s passing. His observations were always appreciated here on RP. He will be missed.

Oh wow. So sorry for Frenchie, his family and friends. He was an unwavering supporter of UL and a huge asset to RP. He has been, and will always be greatly missed.

RIP Frenchie

RIP Frenchie

I know you got the pit hot and the Coors light cold up there.

I got to know Frenchie sitting by him at the baseball games. He was as much of a diehard Cajuns fan as they come. It's going to be odd not seeing him sitting in our section. RIP Frenchie.

This was included in his obituary:

"Memorial contributions can be made in Mr. Francis Babin's name to the Ragin Cajun Athletic Foundation, www.myrcaf.org or The Calcutta House (Hospice of Acadiana), 2600 Johnston Street, Suite 200, Lafayette, Louisiana, 70503."

What a great statement about a big fan. He is still helping out even after he has passed.

Thanks Frenchie, RIP

Wow. RIP Frenchie.

Z

Let this be a reminder for all of us. We are all here because of our love for the Ragin Cajuns.

However as we saw during the height of the COVID days we don't all have the same world view. But in the end we will all one day face the same fate as our friend Frenchie.

So in that light I resolve to always be respectful toward my fellow RPers just as Frenchie always was. No matter how hard that may sometimes be.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Let this be a reminder for all of us. We are all here because of our love for the Ragin Cajuns.

However as we saw during the height of the COVID days we don't all have the same world view. But in the end we will all one day face the same fate as our friend Frenchie.

So in that light I resolve to always be respectful toward my fellow RPers just as Frenchie always was. No matter how hard that may sometimes be.
    Good post ^

RIP Frenchie��

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post

Good post. May we all be strong enough to follow suit.

I'm gonna miss pictures of Frenchie cooking on his back patio on game days . His posts on the state of our country from time to time was always thought provoking and he seemed to use the forum as an constructive outlet. Never met the man, but sure wish I had. RIP

15. Default Re: Frenchie35

Frenchie and I had a lot in common. Both avid Cajun's fans, both avid woodworkers and both avid Catholics who regularly attended mass at St. Johns Cathedral.

He will be missed.

RIP Vic

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information