Thread: CONFERENCE TEAMS IN REGIONALS

UL Baseball CONFERENCE TEAMS IN REGIONALS

Does anybody think any of the four Sunbelt conference teams will make it out the regionals to the super regionals? I'm thinking there is a chance for at least 1. Hoping the Cajuns can get passed TCU Friday. In my book it's a good thing we have a team still playing in June. So I will be listening and enjoying the games this weekend. I really like listening to baseball on the radio.

Default Re: CONFERENCE TEAMS IN REGIONALS

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Does anybody think any of the four Sunbelt conference teams will make it out the regionals to the super regionals? I'm thinking there is a chance for at least 1. Hoping the Cajuns can get passed TCU Friday. In my book it's a good thing we have a team still playing in June. So I will be listening and enjoying the games this weekend. I really like listening to baseball on the radio.
    I thought Texas State was good enoughbut they are in a brutal regional. Georgia Southern is loaded as well, but being a one seed, they can watch Notre Dame and Texas Tech and then play just one of them. I question the Eagles' pitching depth.

Coastal is good enough on any given day, but they are inconsistent. Van Scoter and Knorr are a really good 1-2 pitching punch. Don't overlook them.

GA Sou has a really tough regional. TX St in Palo Alto is interesting. Stanford had a great year but is the PAC 12 strong this year? I would not be surprised if the Bobcats win it.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Georgia Southern is loaded as well, but being a one seed, they can watch Notre Dame and Texas Tech and then play just one of them.
    Idk, how does 2022 UNCG compare to 2014 Jackson State?

I think Coastal has the best chance to win a regional

And ironically, as a host, I think Ga. Southern is the least likely to advance. I’m glad they got to host (its good for the conference) but if you look at resumes, they probably shouldn’t be. The committee gave it to them, but loaded up the regional with strong teams.

The Cajuns and Texas State have a tough road, but if they play well, they have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Idk, how does 2022 UNCG compare to 2014 Jackson State?
    2014 Jackson State wasn't nearly as good as 2022 UNCG. Anthonia (sub 3 ERA) was the only decent pitcher on that JSU team & that was really his only good season at JSU. UNCG is the same pitching wise but offensively are better than 2014 JSU. Top starter batting average was .331 with only 2 other guys over .300. This 2022 UNCG team has 6 starters hitting over .300 with Windish (.380) and Jones (.374) leading the way.

I think future member Southern Miss has a good shot.

Coastal has a good chance as long as they can shake off their performance against Troy. They will have plenty of rest considering they went one and done. Their matchup of ECU, Virginia, and Coppin State is probably the weakest of any that the Sunbelt teams face

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    Coastal has a good chance as long as they can shake off their performance against Troy. They will have plenty of rest considering they went one and done. Their matchup of ECU, Virginia, and Coppin State is probably the weakest of any that the Sunbelt teams face
    I think coastal will win their regional…. I think we will win ours if we can win the first two games… we don’t have the starting pitching depth to come from the losers bracket…. We actually match up well with both TCU and Tx a&m… we have some lefties that can cause trouble…I kind of think we should start Shultz on Friday and ride BT on Saturday…. Should be a fun weekend!

in order of most likely to advance is Coastal chickens, GS, Cajuns, Tx St imo

Thread Information