Thread: Regional Watch

Default Re: Which Regional?

Quote Originally Posted by beavis11 View Post
    Fire fire !!
    Lol. You bring the fire. I'll bring the fireball. Let's f'ng Geaux

2. UL Baseball Re: Which Regional?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    How about Hattiesburg?
    Certainly possible. But I am nervous if I am USM or Georgia Southern. I think the CUSA conference champion has the upper hand here, despite the RPI difference.

So many bubble host teams and ways the committee can go. We will know more about regional assignment in a little bit.

Brian

it appears that usm got a regional

As did Georgia Southern.

UL Baseball Baseball regional sites

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a.l-championship

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:

Auburn, Alabama – Auburn (37-19)
    Austin, Texas – Texas (42-18) *through games of 5/28
    Blacksburg, Virginia – Virginia Tech (41-12)
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (38-19)
    College Park, Maryland – Maryland (45-12)
    College Station, Texas – Texas A&M (37-18)
    Coral Gables, Florida – Miami (FL) (39-18)
    Corvallis, Oregon – Oregon State (44-14) *through games of 5/28
    Gainesville, Florida – Florida (39-22)
    Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (42-18)
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi – Southern Mississippi (43-16)
    Knoxville, Tennessee – Tennessee (53-7)
    Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (38-18-1)
    Stanford, California – Stanford (40-14) *through games of 5/28
    Statesboro, Georgia – Georgia Southern (40-18)
    Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma State (39-20)

By being awarded a regional, all 16 host institutions have also been selected to the 64-team championship field.

Each regional field features four teams, playing in a double-elimination format. All 16 regionals are scheduled to be conducted from Friday, June 3 to Monday, June 6 (if necessary).

CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT TRACKER: Every automatic qualifier for the NCAA tournament

Texas leads all institutions in the field as the Longhorns are hosting for the 29th time while Georgia Southern and Maryland are hosting for the first time.

Miami (Florida) is second among this year’s hosts, hosting for the 28th time but the first since time since 2016. Stanford is hosting for the 20th time.

Florida is hosting for the 18th time, Oklahoma State is hosting for the 14th time, North Carolina and Texas A&M are both hosting for the 12th time.

Five institutions, East Carolina, Florida, Stanford, Tennessee, and Texas, all hosted in 2021.

The full 64 team field, top-16 national seeds, first-round regional pairings and site assignments will be announced at Noon (ET), Monday, May 30. The one-hour program will be shown live on ESPN2. The committee will set the entire 64-team bracket through both the super regionals and the first round of the Men’s College World Series and will not reseed the field after play begins.

Selection of the eight super regional hosts will be announced on www.NCAA.com/mcws, Tuesday, June 7 at approximately 8 a.m. (ET).

There are 31 Division I Conferences which will receive an automatic berth in the field of 64, along with 33 at-large selections. The Men’s College World Series begins play Friday, June 17, at Charles Schwab Field Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska.

OTHER REGIONAL SITE SELECTION INFORMATION
    conference No. of Sites Sites
    SEC 4 Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M
    ACC 4 Louisville, Miami (FL), North Carolina, Virginia Tech
    Big 12 2 Oklahoma State, Texas
    Pac-12 2 Oregon State, Stanford
    AAC 1 East Carolina
    Big Ten 1 Maryland
    Conference USA 1 Southern Mississippi
    Sun Belt 1 Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    it appears that usm got a regional
    Hattiesburg would be great from a personal standpoint. I wouldn't have to cancel my upcoming Florida trip and just book a room at the Beau. Mullet dood. Wassup? Stretch out your vacay for one more week?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Austin is awesome. Kinda hoping for that one. Great folks in that town.
    Me!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    How about Hattiesburg?
    Definitely a possibility. I fully expect LSU to be in Hattiesburg to drive attendance.

Default Re: Baseball regional sites

Lcitsh, where do you see the Cajuns going?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Definitely a possibility. I fully expect LSU to be in Hattiesburg to drive attendance.
    I don't think that is needed, since USM was in the top ten in attendance this year. Not saying it won't happen, but this will be a well attended regional regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I don't think that is needed, since USM was in the top ten in attendance this year. Not saying it won't happen, but this will be a well attended regional regardless.
    I don't disagree with you, but it guarantees sellouts, and I don't trust the powers that be, to be smart enough to figure that out.

Plus, the SEC wants multiple paths to Super Regionals, so I don't expect LSU to travel to Knoxville, Gainesville, College Station or Auburn. Don't think they get shipped to Corvallis or Stanford, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Hattiesburg would be great from a personal standpoint. I wouldn't have to cancel my upcoming Florida trip and just book a room at the Beau. Mullet dood. Wassup? Stretch out your vacay for one more week?
    I would love a Hattiesburg matchup, and I have an in for tickets even better it is only an hour and half drive for me and my daughters appt is sitting empty since its summer

13. Default Re: Which Regional?

any chance the Hattiesburg regional would consist of #1 USM, #2 LSU, #3 UL and #4 SLU?

Just asking? That would be an RPI regional of 18, 25, 53 and 106. Would make sense and would be a fun regional.

14. UL Baseball Re: Which Regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but it guarantees sellouts, and I don't trust the powers that be, to be smart enough to figure that out.

Plus, the SEC wants multiple paths to Super Regionals, so I don't expect LSU to travel to Knoxville, Gainesville, College Station or Auburn. Don't think they get shipped to Corvallis or Stanford, either.
    LSU is ineligible to be slotted in Knoxville, Gainesville, College Station or Auburn. This is why I said that Austin is a possibility (as is Hattiesburg) . and why Texas Tech needed a place to go (College Station) as they are ineligble for Stillwater and Austin.

Brian

Congrats to Coach Szefc at Virginia Tech. One of my favorite coaches to ever grace a Cajuns uniform.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information