Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

No… I’m asking…

Who was the cancer? Who was kicked off the team? I didn’t hear anything about this. If it can’t be made public send me a DM with the scoop as I am totally out of the loop.

I don’t remember hearing as much about locker room issues as last season. Last year’s issues aren’t really disputable. Brad has talked about them on the radio. Jay even mentioned them with Scott yesterday.

Dude’s dad is the only messy stuff I heard this year, and I think that’s a testament to how off his rocker that dude is. I’m about as far away from being an insider as possible, so if I’m hearing about your antics, you’re f’ing up.

Who is “dude’s dad”?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    No… I’m asking…

Who was the cancer? Who was kicked off the team? I didn’t hear anything about this. If it can’t be made public send me a DM with the scoop as I am totally out of the loop.
    Durke was the player with the loud mouth dad according to posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Durke was the player with the loud mouth dad according to posts on here.
    Yep. First person who mentioned him to me was a friend with no social media or message board accounts. Just happened to have a conversation with the guy (who he didn't know from Adam) and walked away wide eyed.

Genuinely hope Durke lands somewhere a good ways off, so he can control his own business.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Yep. First person who mentioned him to me was a friend with no social media or message board accounts. Just happened to have a conversation with the guy (who he didn't know from Adam) and walked away wide eyed.

Genuinely hope Durke lands somewhere a good ways off, so he can control his own business.
    Yeah.daddy ball is done by the time guys get out of high school. That stuff is obviously counterproductive in so many ways. He should prolly go out of state.

I’m no insider but I’ve been around this program since the Boulanger days. Although I was young and don’t remember much from Mike’s years I do remember Tony getting hired as I was in my teens. So all of my baseball “knowledge” came from watching and learning from him, his decisions and the way he managed. These last few years have been very different. Last year was so frustrating to watch. This year you could see something was different but there were time when Deggs made me want to pull my hair out. So be it. He is who he is as a coach and we are who we are as a team. It’s not changing. Even though it was different from Tony doesn’t mean it was wrong. We just were not used to it. We will all have to adapt to his style. I had my doubts and questioned his decisions just as much as anyone. I’m here to eat crow and I’ll enjoy it. He definitely proved me wrong and I hope he continues to do so. Geaux Cajuns

So where has Durke landed? With all the offers he had im shocked he hasnt been picked up yet. Oh wait. I forgot he's going to the Cape.

I've never chimed in on "Degg's style", so it's an easy opinion to have as the man brings us into a regional, but I enjoy it. Whether the decision he's making on base running, at the plate, or creating a lineup is right or wrong in the moment, none of us can say it's boring. And that's what I really like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’m no insider but I’ve been around this program since the Boulanger days. Although I was young and don’t remember much from Mike’s years I do remember Tony getting hired as I was in my teens. So all of my baseball “knowledge” came from watching and learning from him, his decisions and the way he managed. These last few years have been very different. Last year was so frustrating to watch. This year you could see something was different but there were time when Deggs made me want to pull my hair out. So be it. He is who he is as a coach and we are who we are as a team. It’s not changing. Even though it was different from Tony doesn’t mean it was wrong. We just were not used to it. We will all have to adapt to his style. I had my doubts and questioned his decisions just as much as anyone. I’m here to eat crow and I’ll enjoy it. He definitely proved me wrong and I hope he continues to do so. Geaux Cajuns
    I really very badly want Coach Deggs to be the guy. I hope this is his last job and he retires with a dozen or more regionals, several supers at least one NC. Nobody wants to start over in a couple more years, not him and certainly not the fans. I like the trend.

11. Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    So as a resident "old guy" here, I am with you. I started watching/following Cajun baseball during the Coach Bo days and I loved his long ball style of baseball, I was intrigued with Coach Robe's style and it was much better to watch and enjoy. I didn't love Coach Deggs style day 1, but it is growing on me as well and he is the coach so I don't care about his style, I care about his results.

I was 18 in 1988 when I attended my first UL baseball game and have been a diehard ever since, no matter if it was Bo, Robe or Deggs.

12. Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I've never chimed in on "Degg's style", so it's an easy opinion to have as the man brings us into a regional, but I enjoy it. Whether the decision he's making on base running, at the plate, or creating a lineup is right or wrong in the moment, none of us can say it's boring. And that's what I really like about it.
    I think Deggs secret sauce is keeping opponents off balance.

At the same time, the trick is to keep his own team on balance.

If he can keep doing this, the scales will tip in his favor.

The aggressive teach is tolerable. When it will becomes controlled aggression somewhat like what we have seen in the past month…it becomes really fun. Im all for swing hard…with balls in the strike zone. Im all for stealing bases until they prove they can throw you out.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So as a resident "old guy" here, I am with you. I started watching/following Cajun baseball during the Coach Bo days and I loved his long ball style of baseball, I was intrigued with Coach Robe's style and it was much better to watch and enjoy. I didn't love Coach Deggs style day 1, but it is growing on me as well and he is the coach so I don't care about his style, I care about his results.

I was 18 in 1988 when I attended my first UL baseball game and have been a diehard ever since, no matter if it was Bo, Robe or Deggs.
    I'm not sure you are the resident "old guy" here Dave, I was 24 in 1988. I watched plenty of Cajun Baseball as a student and watched the dinosaur cripple athletics with constant budget cuts. Coach Bo was a good hire and actually brought excitement back to the program with success. Unfortunately, he couldn't continue to compete with reduced budgets and took actions that put us on probation.

Coach Robichaux was hired to clean up the program; he was young and cheap compared to some of the others that were mentioned as possible candidates back then. Which made him the perfect Dr. Authement hire. It took him 3 years to build the program back to winning seasons, and the rest is history.

I made the post to remind fans that Coach Deggs is not Coach Robichaux and never will be him. And he often stated publicly and to me, "the process can be ugly at times." I think most of us here understand what he meant by that statement. Until the Cajuns win in the championship game this past weekend, the Cajuns hadn't qualified for a regional since 2016. This program needed to improve it's talent level to get back to a NCAA Regional. The Covid 2020 season was basically a wasted year with the cancelations and little to no fall ball. And while it was frustrating at times to watch this season early on, it was even more frustrating to read some fans posting that Coach Deggs is not the guy after 2 full seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

You are far from the old guy here. I started following UL baseball when Mel Didier was hired, then Kelley promoted to head coach. I competed against Kelley coached teams in American Legion. Yes, a UL assistant baseball coach was coaching a Lafayette American Legion team. Brad Kelley led Ragin' Cajun baseball to it's first 40 win season and that catapulted him to asst baseball coach and then head coach at the U.

The lean times were the last season of the Gene Shell/Jagneaux time, and the first couple of seasons of the Boulanger years.

The turning points in UL baseball was the building of Moore Field, then the hiring of Mel Didier and finally the hiring of Coach Robe. Those three events are what set us and kept us on the course of success we have generally experienced since 1981.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information