Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Today’s game was Matt Deggs baseball in a nutshell. A non lead runner thrown out on a fly ball with nowhere to advance. A guy comes up with bases loaded and a rattled pitcher and swings away at balls. Left a pitcher in past when most would’ve yanked him because they believe in their guys.

And then…green lights a guy with 3 bad at bats in the game in a 3-0 count who gets a runner to third on an error that probably should’ve been a double play. Hit and run when it’s probably ballgame if the hitter whiffs and the runner is gunned down. Double steal in a do or die situation.

Sorry if any of that came off as negative. Didn’t mean it to be. I think someone earlier made a good point that Matt Deggs and Co. truly believe in their methods and aren’t scared to roll the dice with everything on the line…even when the by the bookers are gnashing our teeth and screaming what the hell is he doing (yes me included). Kept the pressure on for 9 innings and forced a really good team in to some critical mistakes. Congratulations Matt Deggs and Co. GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Yea, I made the post and I don't take your post as negative at all.

In my mind, Deggs and players are like drivers and the opponent is the vehicle. Cajuns keep the tachometer in the red and sometimes the vehicle can handle it and the driver loses control, but more often than not, the car breaks down.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Came here to eat my crow. I said this pitching staff was the worst in recent memory after the Troy series and they finished at or near the top in every conference category. While this staff is not deep, we know what we are going to get out of the regular contributors.

Tip of the cap to Deggs and Thib, their coaching is certainly unconventional compared to what we are used to the past 2 decades…but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.
    I still believe that the Troy series will be the same as Napier's home loss to Coastal in 2018. After unexpected loss(es), players will either give up on a coach or totally buy into their way of thinking. It looks like this team bought into Deggs, as they went on to win seven conference series in a row and ultimately win the conference tournament.

11 a.m. cannot get here soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Not that wild, really.
    sorry sarcasm is hard to convey though text

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    sorry sarcasm is hard to convey though text
    No worries. I'm sort of dopey anyway.

I just realized after re-watching the 9th inning, Ga So will be hosting a regional after not winning the regular season or tournament. That's a pretty good accomplishment.

6. Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    . Ga So will be hosting a regional after not winning the regular season or tournament. That's a pretty good accomplishment.
    No joke

That's an SEC level accomplishment.

7. Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

…….So the word out is that Texas St and Ga South let the Cajuns win to get another SBCteam in the show…….Waiting for the ltur posts……just think about that and the game’s outcomes…….if ever this was not the case it would be here……talk about all 3 teams playing their butts off……what a fabulous 3 day run by our Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I just realized after re-watching the 9th inning, Ga So will be hosting a regional after not winning the regular season or tournament. That's a pretty good accomplishment.
    Out of a conference that was predicted to get one bid total preseason. The Sun Belt is gonna be a nasty league for a long time to come.

9. Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …….So the word out is that Texas St and Ga South let the Cajuns win to get another SBC team in the show…….
    Yeah, NO!

No team is scoring in the bottom of the eighth to let another team win

I know I'm late to this one, but LETS GEAUX CAJUNS! Way to show the Sun Belt who's BOSS!! Hope we can keep the run going!

I agree with this, RM66.

This just dawned on me, but between Big Nut Nate's kick and the 9th inning yesterday, the Cajuns have really broken some hearts in Statesboro the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    This just dawned on me, but between Big Nut Nate's kick and the 9th inning yesterday, the Cajuns have really broken some hearts in Statesboro the last couple years.
    Are they 0-6 in championship games now?

14. Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

So y’all saying we’re pessing off TxSt and GS. Well it’s good to be hated

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …….So the word out is that Texas St and Ga South let the Cajuns win to get another SBCteam in the show…….Waiting for the ltur posts……just think about that and the game’s outcomes…….if ever this was not the case it would be here……talk about all 3 teams playing their butts off……what a fabulous 3 day run by our Cajuns!
    Sounds just as crazy as when we, Cajun fans, make the same comments about the conference/referees/umpires being against us.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information