Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

All depends on the colors you wear with the letters

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We saw the same mirage. After about 15 games, the pitching staff took most of the criticism while our offense was near the bottom of nearly every category, except triples and steals. The pitching staff was well inside the top 30% nationally, but looked to be struggling, mostly due to our inept offense.

I really cannot remember a Cajun team that improved this much from late March to late May. The transformation is extreme. We were 9-12 after losing to Nichols in March. It looked like no growth from last season. How wrong I was.
    This is why I mentioned what Coach Robichaux stated about the process. He said to me on a number of occasions, "The process can be ugly at times." We witnessed it this season, at times this team was extremely frustrating to watch. Coach Deggs style of baseball is not the same as Coach Robichauxs. And some of Coach Degg's detractor's constantly reminded us of that fact weekly.

We heard there were issues in the locker room and rumors of players not wanting to play for Coach Deggs from the so-called insiders. I guess some people don't realize, when you have 30 plus different personalities in a locker room you will have disagreements at times. Much like families, you find a way to work it out.

It seems a few of those athletes are no longer on the team and obviously weren't needed to win the conference. Things have a way of working itself out.

Coach Deggs said yesterday at the press conference that outside of his marriage and children, this team is one of his most proudest moments in his life. This team came together and played for each other and for Coach Deggs and his staff.

That my friends is the process.

First 28 games (14-14). Last 29 games (22-7). Turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    First 28 games (14-14). Last 29 games (22-7). Turnaround.
    Wow. impressive

Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    Can not pitch can not hit. The party is over

Yes I ate my words of frustration. Congratulation for the coaches and especially the players.
    Geaux Cajuns

7. Default Re: SBC Championship: Louisiana 7, Georgia Southern 6

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    Yes I ate my words of frustration. Congratulation for the coaches and especially the players.
    Geaux Cajuns
    You are not alone. But you are a man.

I cannot put into words how happy I am for the Schultz kid. I lived and died with him every time he stepped onto the bump.

Just reading this thread a few days after the game. Very entertaining to say the least.

We were able to keep up with the game via stat tracker. On to Friday. GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This is why I mentioned what Coach Robichaux stated about the process. He said to me on a number of occasions, "The process can be ugly at times." We witnessed it this season, at times this team was extremely frustrating to watch. Coach Deggs style of baseball is not the same as Coach Robichauxs. And some of Coach Degg's detractor's constantly reminded us of that fact weekly.

We heard there were issues in the locker room and rumors of players not wanting to play for Coach Deggs from the so-called insiders. I guess some people don't realize, when you have 30 plus different personalities in a locker room you will have disagreements at times. Much like families, you find a way to work it out.

It seems a few of those athletes are no longer on the team and obviously weren't needed to win the conference. Things have a way of working itself out.

Coach Deggs said yesterday at the press conference that outside of his marriage and children, this team is one of his most proudest moments in his life. This team came together and played for each other and for Coach Deggs and his staff.

That my friends is the process.
    The problem is that the so called "insiders" don't know what the hell they're talking about. A lot of people are eating crow right now. The frontrunners come out of the woodwork when the spotlight is on. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    The problem is that the so called "insiders" don't know what the hell they're talking about. A lot of people are eating crow right now. The frontrunners come out of the woodwork when the spotlight is on. Sad.
    Every “rumor” I heard this year from various people all traced back to one players loud mouth daddy. Every single one.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Every “rumor” I heard this year from various people all traced back to one players loud mouth daddy. Every single one.
    I would not doubt that one bit. The cancer is gone. Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Insiders? Like who?

Who? I’m no insider so I have no idea what turmoil was happening. I did happen to call this team a regional team when everyone else was saying they were done. I could see the potential… I’m just glad they figured things out and started playing up to their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Who? I’m no insider so I have no idea what turmoil was happening. I did happen to call this team a regional team when everyone else was saying they were done. I could see the potential… I’m just glad they figured things out and started playing up to their potential.
    I was referring to Cajun T's post 5/30/22. He mentions insiders.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information