Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC Tourney: Louisiana 3, Texas State 2

UL Baseball SBC Tourney: Louisiana 3, Texas State 2

First pitch: 7 PM

Let’s do this.

Default Re: SBC Tourney: Louisiana vs. Texas State

It is hard to beat someone 4 times in a row and we not in that little Cracker Jack box of a stadium any more. Hopefully Shultzy can have a good outing. I have a good feeling about this one too. Would love to win this one and have Troy win today. The 2 teams that swept us.

Texas state played a close game for 5 innings so let's hope they coming in with some mileage

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Texas state played a close game for 5 innings so let's hope they coming in with some mileage
    THey threw their All-American closer 48 pitches last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    THey threw their All-American closer 48 pitches last night.
    Is it a fair statement to say that the Texas State coach is more concerned about the regional than the tournament? If so, how does this affect his decision on playing his reliever after having thrown so many pitches last night?

I think we’d see him again today if it weren’t for them already having locked up a bid. Very few coaches treat their pitchers like Tony did…with their long term future in mind.

The question is how much he feels that winning the tournament will help his chances of hosting a regional? If he feels he's got a legitimate shot I'm sure he will not hold anything back. I would say right now probably a lock for a 2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The question is how much he feels that winning the tournament will help his chances of hosting a regional? If he feels he's got a legitimate shot I'm sure he will not hold anything back. I would say right now probably a lock for a 2 seed.
    D1 says they have an outside shot to host. I'm not buying it, but they know more than I do.

Stivors has thrown a lot. I don't know we'd see him today after almost 50 pitches. But I wouldn't be shocked.

9. Default Re: SBC Tourney: Louisiana vs. Texas State

The other Tristan was pretty good against us too… Still, feels like things might be lining up.

If Schultz can come up big today, we have as good a chance as anyone..

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The other Tristan was pretty good against us too… Still, feels like things might be lining up.

If Schultz can come up big today, we have as good a chance as anyone..
    Actually, the Cajuns knocked the other Triston around pretty good. He pitched in games 1 and 3 and threw a total of 4 innings. He gave up 10 hits and 6 runs.

I was very happy to see Tristan Stivors throw so much last night. The Cajuns couldn’t get to him in any of his 3 appearances in San Marcos. He got the save in all 3 games and pitched a total of 3 1/3 hitless and scoreless innings.

Need an amazing performance tonight. Gonna be a fun one!

12. Default Re: SBC Tourney: Louisiana vs. Texas State

We got this

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Burning your All American closer in game 1 vs ULM does not compute....UNLESS...they wanted to stretch out his best.pitcher 1 time prior to being a 2 seed. They are lock for a 2 seed regardless of Winning/Losing SBC tournament.......same is true for GaSouthern. Advantage UL!!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: SBC Tourney: Louisiana vs. Texas State

LET'S DO IT, CAJUNS!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTexasState
    #WinTheConference

I still have a good feeling about this weekend

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information