Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball: Sun Belt Conference Announces Baseball Schedule Changes

1. UL Baseball Baseball: Sun Belt Conference Announces Baseball Schedule Changes

After consultation with the head coaches, the Sun Belt tournament games committee will shift the Guardian Credit Union Sun Belt Baseball Championship to a single-elimination format beginning on Friday, May 27.

Default Re: Baseball: Sun Belt Conference Announces Baseball Schedule Changes

So is this good or bad for us?. I'm thinking deep pitching is now watered down a bit.

We now only need a 3 game win streak to get auto bid......I don't think this hurts us. The longer it takes with our inconsistent pitching depth our odds IMO go down.

4. Default Re: Baseball: Sun Belt Conference Announces Baseball Schedule Changes

I think it benefits the Cajuns.

But has to add, meanwhile in Hattiesburg, CUSA tourney has been playing with only a minor delay. Granted the field conditions are a little different, but this tournament should be well underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    We now need a 3 game win streak to get auto bid......I don't think this hurts us. The longer it takes with our inconsistent pitching depth our odds IMO go down.
    Agreed. Our best shot is to win 3 in a row. Here's to it happening

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think it benefits the Cajuns.

But has to add, meanwhile in Hattiesburg, CUSA tourney has been playing with only a minor delay. Granted the field conditions are a little different, but this tournament should be well underway.
    SBC needs to talk with Houston and get the Astrodome back in baseball shape for the tournament

7. Default Re: Baseball: Sun Belt Conference Announces Baseball Schedule Changes

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    SBC needs to talk with Houston and get the Astrodome back in baseball shape for the tournament
    I just think Biloxi or Pensacola makes too much sense. Last week of school for kids.. the majority of the SBC schools vacation on the panhandle area. Weather is never an issue for long on the coast either. Crowds would be better, more money spent, higher profile in those cities, and people would stay the entire week if they could include it with a beach trip. Something for everyone.

8. Default Re: Baseball: Sun Belt Conference Announces Baseball Schedule Changes

I just think Biloxi or Pensacola makes too much sense. Last week of school for kids.. the majority of the SBC schools vacation on the panhandle area. Weather is never an issue for long on the coast either. Crowds would be better, more money spent, higher profile in those cities, and people would stay the entire week if they could include it with a beach trip. Something for everyone.
    This would just make too much sense.

Biloxi would be perfect... MGM park directly across from the Beau Rivage. I'd make a week/week-end out of that. Something for the whole family! CUSA used to be there... Maybe it's open now?

We went to the Pensacola baseball tourney just before covid a few years ago and absolutely loved it!

Pensacola is perfect family destination.

Only the Sunbelt would choose Montgomery, Alabama.

I think I remember someone saying there was a conflict for the Pensacola location.

You guys have never taken the family on vacation to Montgomery?

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    You guys have never taken the family on vacation to Montgomery?
    Obviously you haven't visited the Hank Williams museum or the MOOseum......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information