Thread: OT: A Special Day (for me)

This is so COOL OT: A Special Day (for me)

Sorry for another off-topic thread, but I had a cool experience recently that I'd like to share with the board.

So back in January, I began attending my local high school instead of doing online school, and around February or March, I joined their Track and Field team. Since this was my first year doing any type of running, I didn't compete in any events, but I did attend practice as much as I could. Well the season ended last week, and on Monday we had a banquet for the team, but I wasn't able to show up. Well it wasn't until this morning that I discovered that I'd received a Varsity letter at that Banquet! Hearing this was unexpected, but it made my day, and I think it'll be a good motivator for me in the future. I plan to do Cross Country in the fall and I'll be running all summer! Hopefully I can begin competing in events this fall, and maybe one day you'll see my name as a Ragin' Cajun athlete! As always, Geaux Cajuns!

P.S. Hopefully this isn't a super long-winded story...LOL

Default Re: OT: A Special Day (for me)

Congrats, young fella!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Sorry for another off-topic thread, but I had a cool experience recently that I'd like to share with the board.

So back in January, I began attending my local high school instead of doing online school, and around February or March, I joined their Track and Field team. Since this was my first year doing any type of running, I didn't compete in any events, but I did attend practice as much as I could. Well the season ended last week, and on Monday we had a banquet for the team, but I wasn't able to show up. Well it wasn't until this morning that I discovered that I'd received a Varsity letter at that Banquet! Hearing this was unexpected, but it made my day, and I think it'll be a good motivator for me in the future. I plan to do Cross Country in the fall and I'll be running all summer! Hopefully I can begin competing in events this fall, and maybe one day you'll see my name as a Ragin' Cajun athlete! As always, Geaux Cajuns!

P.S. Hopefully this isn't a super long-winded story...LOL
    Nice myself and a few others like cajun4life and cajunrunner can give you some tips if you need. I am about to start up training for marathon again. It takes a lot of time and during baseball and softball season I didn't want to start up. Keep it up man.

That’s awesome! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That’s awesome! Congrats!
    Wow! That is awesome. Especially hard way up there…. Only problem is I had no idea you had not yet gone to UL…Many of the boosters on here may have inadvertently illegally contacted you and thus UL is guilty of recruiting violations. May i suggest applying to Florida to be on the safe side.

Congrats!! Beileve!!!

Super cool man!! Congratulations!!

Varsity Letters are always a babe magnet....congrats youngblood

Congratulations ��

Your writing skills are way better than mine ever was as a high schooler. Good Luck in your future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Varsity Letters are always a babe magnet....congrats youngblood
    Mine in choir would say otherwise.

I didn't even know you could letter in choir at my school until my senior year when I had to get fitted for a letterman jacket. I never wore it bc it's embarrassing to say how I got it. . Everyone assumes it's from athletics.

Thread Information