Thread: Sunbelt BB and SB

Sunbelt Sunbelt BB and SB

At league meetings the Sun Belt ADs approved the use of instant replay in softball and baseball beginning next year.

ADs also increased the required number of baseball and softball games that must be broadcast.

2. Default Re: Sunbelt BB and SB

Good moves imo

Default Re: Sunbelt BB and SB

What about a 4th umpire?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    What about a 4th umpire?
    Can't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Can't afford it.
    LOL

6. Default Re: Sunbelt BB and SB

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    What about a 4th umpire?
    “All the umps are so bad”-
    “Lets add another, even worse ump”-

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Replay will cover some of the bad umpiring.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Replay will cover some of the bad umpiring.
    I look forward to 4+ hour games. Might be able to squeeze in 1 more natty light.

9. Default Re: Sunbelt BB and SB

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstandza View Post
    I look forward to 4+ hour games. Might be able to squeeze in 1 more natty light.
    I know you are kidding, but seriously would you rather a 4 hour game or terrible umpiring that does not get corrected. For me if it is a choice between the two, I chose longer games.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know you are kidding, but seriously would you rather a 4 hour game or terrible umpiring that does not get corrected. For me if it is a choice between the two, I chose longer games.
    I was joking, but yeah I welcome replay as long as it favors the good guys, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    A portion of the bad calls are due to umpires being out of position. 4 man crew helps reduce some of the movement.

Idk if we have had a season like this where we have been the victim of bad calls more often than not. Some really poor calls. Maybe it is bc of a lack of 4th umpire but i doubt it. Seems like one day out of every weekend we get a questionable umpire behind the plate. In no way am i for a robot calling balls and strikes either.

13. Default Re: Sunbelt BB and SB

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Replay doesn't always get the call right.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Idk if we have had a season like this where we have been the victim of bad calls more often than not. Some really poor calls. Maybe it is bc of a lack of 4th umpire but i doubt it. Seems like one day out of every weekend we get a questionable umpire behind the plate. In no way am i for a robot calling balls and strikes either.
    Triple AAA will use Trackman (robotic strike/ball) system this year. Seems the umps like it and the last contract MLB umps signed with the league agrees to the use of the system at the MLB level if the commissioner choses to go that route. I personally like it. You still have the ump at home plate who can override the call but overall the technology is proven and helps the game.

15. Default Re: Sunbelt BB and SB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    A portion of the bad calls are due to umpires being out of position. 4 man crew helps reduce some of the movement.
    Agreed that to move up to college level mechanics is emphasized more than rules. however, constantly switching between games with different size crews is probably even more detrimental.

We constantly saw that in HS playoffs, two man all year and add 3 for playoffs, might be one of the ump’s first time ever and the other two probably hadnt used three that season, of course with more intensity…

Thread Information