Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Message Board's Effect on Players. Positive or Negative?

Default Re: Message Board's Effect on Players. Positive or Negative?

Just my two cents: Message boards should be for fans only. But we all know players, coaches, parents and administrators of UL frequent these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Just my two cents: Message boards should be for fans only. But we all know players, coaches, parents and administrators of UL frequent these boards.
    If I was a player i would love the ____ talk on message boards... extra motivation

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    If I was a player i would love the ____ talk on message boards... extra motivation
    Other outlets have worse talk than this site. Go to robo coach and check out all the trolls.

Other outlets have worse talk than this site. Go to robo coach and check out all the trolls.
    Like I said outside of threating families if a player can't take some criticism then they don’t need to be on a scholarship

5. Default Re: Message Board's Effect on Players. Positive or Negative?

Through the years about 50 parents (that I know of) have registered and posted.

About 30 players that I know of have registered, most have posted.

Once upon a, time, Mike D. made a post that pretty much set the tone for future player (with a know your place post in defense of Bustle) that we later decided to remove by request.

Players that turned pro are registered on RP.

The overriding message to players has been stay away though. But I can't figure out why since there is no such restraint on Twitter

Robo Coach is pretty disgusting. Some have no shame.

Like I said outside of threating families if a player can't take some criticism then they don’t need to be on a scholarship
    These are amateur athletes. Scholarship or not.

Most of the people that criticize are people who never played a sport post puberty.

It’s pretty easy to tell.

If they are paid athletes they should be able to handle the message board talk.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Most of the people that criticize are people who never played a sport post puberty.

No more amateurism in college athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Robo Coach is pretty disgusting. Some have no shame.
    I just go out that site as a guest. Can't pull my self to register for a site that doesn't have a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Jimmy Smith misses a free throw or Armin Tamzarian can't throw an accurate pass...is devastating

12. Default Re: Message Board's Effect on Players. Positive or Negative?

I guess it depends on what your definition of criticism is. During my daughter's freshman year, she had a play in which she hit a homerun against Ole Miss and then supposedly missed home plate. The umpire handed a new ball to the catcher and she was tagged out. I won't go into all of the mistakes made on the umpire's part for doing that, but the run was taken off of the board and instead of the game being tied, Bama was still down by one. The ensuing onslaught of social media posts made about the play and about my daughter was brutal. She had to delete her twitter account because she was getting so many DM's with people just saying the most vile and reprehensible things to her for that single play. People were making posts about her looks, body size, and other things that had nothing to do with the play in any manner whatsoever. It was at that point I realized just how stupid, cruel and wicked some people could be and how they revel in the miscues and misfortune of others. The posts on Robocoach were just as brutal.

I can't imagine any benefit to the athlete for reading any message board. You'll get all the feedback you need from your coaches and team. I'm sure its good coming on here if you had a huge game to see the comments but in general I just can't see what the benefit would be and I sure as hell wouldn't do it as a parent as it was tougher watching my son play than it was for me. I sure as hell wouldn't go into the game thread as that is an emotional roller coaster that tends to bring out some of the biggest trolls who really inject nothing but anger and negativity.

14. Default Re: Message Board's Effect on Players. Positive or Negative?

So why would anyone come here and support the nagatators. Saying to just not come here gives them credibility. Some of you just need to be a man and call a spade a spade. Those who come to places like here to take down their own athletes, coaches and university are not fans, period. They are nothing but scumbag keyboard toxic posters. If the shoe fits, please wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    No more amateurism in college athletics.
    Who are the UL athletes that are being paid to play? Provide that list, and then I guess those players are fair game (for those folks who feel the need to attack kids because they make mistakes playing sports).

The ones who aren’t getting paid are amateur athletes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information