Thread: Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

UL Baseball Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

I was curious about field dimensions. We all know that the Tigue is uniform.

M.L. 'Tigue' Moore Field at Russo Park
    330 feet (Left field)
    375 feet (Left center field)
    400 feet (Center field)
    375 feet (Right center field)
    330 feet (Right field)

Bobcat Ballpark is also uniform
    330 feet (Left field)
    404 feet (Center field)
    330 feet (Right field)
    Now at first glance I couldn’t figure out why people kept referring to this stadium as a Cracker Jack box then I remembered it is squared off towards centerfield. I can’t find any official measurements for left and right center; however, after using Google’s measurement technique, I’m guessing they’d measure around 360 feet - so yea, a good 15 feet shorter than the Tigue.

Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium
    314 feet (Left field)
    380 feet (Left center field)
    401 feet (Center field)
    377 feet (Right center field)
    332 feet (Right field)
    Straight down the line in left is a bit shorter than the Tigue but overall it is much similar to our stadium.

Default Re: Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    I was curious about field dimensions. We all know that the Tigue is uniform.

M.L. 'Tigue' Moore Field at Russo Park
    330 feet (Left field)
    375 feet (Left center field)
    400 feet (Center field)
    375 feet (Right center field)
    330 feet (Right field)

Bobcat Ballpark is also uniform
    330 feet (Left field)
    404 feet (Center field)
    330 feet (Right field)
    Now at first glance I couldn’t figure out why people kept referring to this stadium as a Cracker Jack box then I remembered it is squared off towards centerfield. I can’t find any official measurements for left and right center; however, after using Google’s measurement technique, I’m guessing they’d measure around 360 feet - so yea, a good 15 feet shorter than the Tigue.

Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium
    314 feet (Left field)
    380 feet (Left center field)
    401 feet (Center field)
    377 feet (Right center field)
    332 feet (Right field)
    Straight down the line in left is a bit shorter than the Tigue but overall it is much similar to our stadium.
    Good info, thanks!

3. Default Re: Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

I remember hearing the Tigue measurements are a bit shorter than posted. Maybe 2 or 3 ft. In center for sure.

4. Default Re: Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnycajun View Post
    I remember hearing the Tigue measurements are a bit shorter than posted. Maybe 2 or 3 ft. In center for sure.
    Back in the late 80's, CF had 404' on the wall. I had heard that was a couple of feet off later when they shot a laser. But the fence was replaced since then, so not sure if they adjusted the path of the fence slightly ... or kept the same. Of course, when it was replaced it read 400'.

Maybe we need something like a ball flight index (similar to a heat index) that indexes the difficulty of hitting a ball out to various portions of the field. It would account for wind patterns, elevation, average temperatures, humidity, etc..

Brian

5. Default Re: Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

Nice thought. Would really be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Back in the late 80's, CF had 404' on the wall. I had heard that was a couple of feet off later when they shot a laser. But the fence was replaced since then, so not sure if they adjusted the path of the fence slightly ... or kept the same. Of course, when it was replaced it read 400'.

Maybe we need something like a ball flight index (similar to a heat index) that indexes the difficulty of hitting a ball out to various portions of the field. It would account for wind patterns, elevation, average temperatures, humidity, etc..

Brian
    Do they have an app for that?!

UL Baseball Re: Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

It is interesting that this thread popped up today. I was working on something similar for the Diamond Club.

* Please note that while I was as accurate as possible, the measurements may be off by as much as 5’ because of shadows and angles. I do feel this is an accurate representation of the ballparks shown below. North is at the top of the picture.

Attached Images Attached Images        

8. Default Re: Comparing The Tigue: SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It is interesting that this thread popped up today. I was working on something similar for the Diamond Club.

* Please note that while I was as accurate as possible, the measurements may be off by as much as 5’ because of shadows and angles. I do feel this is an accurate representation of the ballparks shown below. North is at the top of the picture.
    Good stuff. Thanks.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

Good info. I thought Russo's seating capacity was more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Good info. I thought Russo's seating capacity was more than that.
    You are correct. I started with the Biscuits information and forgot to update ours. Great catch, and thanks! The official capacity of the Tigue is listed at 6,015.

Thread Information