Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Brewery in Lafayette (somewhat Cajun related)

1. What a Downer New Brewery in Lafayette (somewhat Cajun related)

For those of us that are craft beer guys, it appears that there may be a new brewery coming to Lafayette. It appears that Adopted Dog Brewery (it appears that Ryan Pecout, owner of Tcoup's Mid City Smokehouse, and huge Cajun supporter may be behind the new endeavor)

This is great news for the city. Lafayette needs a craft beer scene, technically in Acadiana as far as I can tell we have 3 breweries and none are in Lafayette. Parish located in Broussard would be the closest one, Bayou Teche in Arnaudville and finally Reggie's Downtown/Rice Capital Brewery in Crowley are the only three that I know of, not one of which is in Lafayette proper. This is great news as I know their are other potential breweries that have been considered in recent years in the area.

The only other one that I know of that was open in Lafayette was Cajun Brewing which closed back in August of 2018.

Default Re: New Brewery in Lafayette (somewhat Cajun related)

Don't really dig the potential brewery name/brand, but support its message. Tchoup's has been in my rotation lately, great vibe there.

I am ready for it!

4. Default Re: New Brewery in Lafayette (somewhat Cajun related)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Don't really dig the potential brewery name/brand, but support its message. Tchoup's has been in my rotation lately, great vibe there.
    Yeah, I don't love the name either, but Breweries, and I have visited a ton of them, in recent years usually have a story behind their names. I am sure this one does as well and I am sure they will let us know all about it.

I played in a tennis tournament last weekend in Shreveport and had the luxury of going to two there Great Raft and 7th Tap Brewing Project, 7th Tap has a great story, they were home brewers that were attending a beer festival and were going going to present 6 beers that day and did not have a name for the brewery, the accidentally drilled a 7th hole instead of the 6 that they were planning and they decided that 7th Tap Brewery would be the name. They still have the box that has the 7th tap on it hanging in the brewery, the 7th Tap is somewhat crooked, it is pretty cool.

My million dollar idea for name if an Acadiana area brewery:

Brewdreaux’s

6. Default Re: New Brewery in Lafayette (somewhat Cajun related)

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    My million dollar idea for name if an Acadiana area brewery:

Brewdreaux’s
    brilliant.

My neighbor is a home brewer and we have brewed a handful of beers together (I should say he has, I just assist in the less important stuff).

I had an idea to open a brewery in the old WaWee's on the river in Milton. I thought a great name for the brewery would have been LeauxBrow Brewing.

The name is in line with their other brands. Yes, there's a meaning behind all the names.

8. Default Re: New Brewery in Lafayette (somewhat Cajun related)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    For those of us that are craft beer guys, it appears that there may be a new brewery coming to Lafayette. It appears that Adopted Dog Brewery (it appears that Ryan Pecout, owner of Tcoup's Mid City Smokehouse, and huge Cajun supporter may be behind the new endeavor)

This is great news for the city. Lafayette needs a craft beer scene, technically in Acadiana as far as I can tell we have 3 breweries and none are in Lafayette. Parish located in Broussard would be the closest one, Bayou Teche in Arnaudville and finally Reggie's Downtown/Rice Capital Brewery in Crowley are the only three that I know of, not one of which is in Lafayette proper. This is great news as I know their are other potential breweries that have been considered in recent years in the area.

The only other one that I know of that was open in Lafayette was Cajun Brewing which closed back in August of 2018.
    Is this part of the development plan for the old Trappey’s plant?

Liked tchoups vibe. The food not so much

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Where will it be located in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Liked tchoups vibe. The food not so much
    I'd recommend their Cubano sandwich or the bacon burnt ends if the BBQ wasn't to your liking.

They always have a good rotation of beers on draft. High West & Whistle Pig for sippin, and good cocktails.

12. Default Re: New Brewery in Lafayette (somewhat Cajun related)

I’m with Ted Dibiase. I was not overly impressed with the food either time i have been. The atmosphere is amazing the beer selection is solid. But food was so so. I am willing to give it another try though.

Every time I go to Tchoups the food is warm, not hot

They have a good dog place. Highly recommend. Paws and Paw Paws

Ryan and Traci are huge UL fans and supporters. Give the restaurant a shot along with Traci's daycare and grooming dog facility.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information