Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Lexi Kilfoyl and Dallis Goodnight, two more Bama
    players that have entered the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Lexi Kilfoyl and Dallis Goodnight, two more Bama
    players that have entered the transfer portal.
    How many players you know won't be in a cajun uniform next season

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    How many players you know won't be in a cajun uniform next season
    7 for sure.

4. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

7 for sure.

Probably the four that was let go and the two seniors and one junior who decide to hang it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSBCAJUN View Post
    Probably the four that was let go and the two seniors and one junior who decide to hang it up.
    Yep.

Yep.
    My little bird told me some more were coming in

7. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    My little bird told me some more were coming in
    Well, I don’t think we will play with 15

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    People forget, Lexie Comeaux played catcher an entire year with a bad shoulder. Pisko has done a great job of framing pitches this season and gets very little credit on this board. She has been part of the improvement in pitching and working with Coach Robichaux. She's perfectly capable of sharing the catching load with the incoming freshman signed.

If Coach Glasco takes a transfer at catcher, then I won't lose any sleep over it. But Pisko wasn't the problem for the Cajuns in the regional, we didn't have a arm to match Thompson.
    Sophie threw out, what, 4 or 5 runners all season? With the upgrade in schedule next season, a 90% success rate against our catcher is not going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Sophie threw out, what, 4 or 5 runners all season? With the upgrade in schedule next season, a 90% success rate against our catcher is not going to cut it.
    Keep an eye out on the battery at Michigan that has entered the portal. A very nice elite pitcher and nice catcher.

53 of 57 were successful.

Then here is a question for you, not arguing those stats. How do you know she can transition to 3rd base? Her arm is good enough to play the hot corner, but she can't throw runners our behind the plate? That rational makes very little sense to me.

Then here is a question for you, not arguing those stats. How do you know she can transition to 3rd base? Her arm is good enough to play the hot corner, but she can't throw runners our behind the plate? That rational makes very little sense to me.
    I'm not the one who said she would be going to third base. The way I see it, physically, there's not a whole lot she brings to the table. Her enthusiasm, her leadership personality and her likeability with the rest of the players are her greatest assets. If she can hit better with runners on base, and she can be skilled in some on-field position, she can be a very valuable player. But, right now, her only skill set is framing pitches and limiting wild pitches by her pitchers. Cajuns will need more than that from that position next season.

If the coaching staff thinks she can make the move then I trust them. She would have a fresher arm at third and she is in a different position releasing the ball. If Coach Myers works with her then she could make the move.

Agree with this, the season is too long for one catcher playing the majority of the season. We've seen it before.
    Please tell Julian Brock we respect what hes doing.

I'm not the one who said she would be going to third base. The way I see it, physically, there's not a whole lot she brings to the table. Her enthusiasm, her leadership personality and her likeability with the rest of the players are her greatest assets. If she can hit better with runners on base, and she can be skilled in some on-field position, she can be a very valuable player. But, right now, her only skill set is framing pitches and limiting wild pitches by her pitchers. Cajuns will need more than that from that position next season.
    Her skill set is also her bat and leadership. We have a number of other athletes like Roman and Creduer that are DP, there is not much opportunity on the roster for another. I think she is fine in a catching rotation and in the lineup. The challenge will be find the right role for her. She is an asset to this team.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information