Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying Pisko couldn't play 3rd, but I did say I have serious reservations because she hasn't played it in college. Her arm is not my concern, her glove is more of a concern. But no one has seen her play 3rd here at UL including you correct?
    I have had a few folks share with me that they were concerned if she could play 3rd or not. I have seen her play 3rd for 3 pitches and none of these pitches went her way. In the UL staff I trust if she can do it or not. T what is your thoughts on Alexa possibly moving to catcher if the other SS coming in pan out?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I have had a few folks share with me that they were concerned if she could play 3rd or not. I have seen her play 3rd for 3 pitches and none of these pitches went her way. In the UL staff I trust if she can do it or not. T what is your thoughts on Alexa possibly moving to catcher if the other SS coming in pan out?
    I'd rather see her at 3rd first because of her arm and glove. If you play 3rd in college, the game is much faster than high school. I've watched a number of UL Softball regionals up and close from Brignac's freshman season through the last year I had credentials. I'm not sure who on the present roster I would give a shot at 3rd, but I would start with Alexa and Stormy.

I'd rather see her at 3rd first because of her arm and glove. If you play 3rd in college, the game is much faster than high school. I've watched a number of UL Softball regionals up and close from Brignac's freshman season through the last year I had credentials. I'm not sure who on the present roster I would give a shot at 3rd, but I would start with Alexa and Stormy.
    Stormy played some at third and held her own. I would think she is a possibility. Alexa at third I don't think will happen. She will be at Catcher or Short.

I love Sophie, but where does Campbell play in this scenario? Campbell was a helluva player this season for us and I expect her to get even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I love Sophie, but where does Campbell play in this scenario? Campbell was a helluva player this season for us and I expect her to get even better.
    1B or RF

So Sophie was good enough to be 1st team Sunbelt catcher but is not good enough to be our catcher next year ? Sophie will be our primary catcher next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    So Sophie was good enough to be 1st team Sunbelt catcher but is not good enough to be our catcher next year ? Sophie will be our catcher next year.
    Her bat was the reason she made 1st team, not her defense. She may still catch as a backup, but she will not be the main catcher. I would go with Langeliers moving over to catcher and Sophie to 3rd. Keep in mind this is if nobody gets hurt and the SS coming in pan out. If they don't then the Cajuns will look to the portal for a catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Campbell's play improved towards the end of the season, but she led the team in errors. She's not consistent enough at third in my opinion and doesn't look comfortable.

For the record I'm still not convinced the Sophie can play there either. The discussion has been her arm, but the position requires quickness and reflexes. And not all throws are short from third base either. I didn't listen to Coach Glasco's interview, if he is confident she can make the transition, he must have seen something from her in practice, not just her play in high school. Fall ball will be interesting.

Campbell's play improved towards the end of the season, but she led the team in errors. She's not consistent enough at third in my opinion and doesn't look comfortable.

For the record I'm still not convinced the Sophie can play there either. The discussion has been her arm, but the position requires quickness and reflexes. And not all throws are short from third base either. I didn't listen to Coach Glasco's interview, if he is confident she can make the transition, he must have seen something from her in practice, not just her play in high school. Fall ball will be interesting.
    Other players were tried at catcher last fall with the idea that Sophie could play some at 3rd to give her body a break. The other options didn't really pan out. The staff knows that Sophie can play 3rd.

LF Falterman/Eschete
    CF Hayden
    RF Davis/Graeter
    3B Piskos
    SS Griffen
    2B Kotzelnick
    1B Campbell
    C Langeliers
    DP Heath/Credeur

A WAYYYYYY to early projected lineup.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information