Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Very good analysis and has me excited about our potential next season. I wonder if the incoming left handed freshman pitcher Riassetto would be able to make a significant contribution next season. Pretty much on board with everyone else regarding getting a good defensive catcher and moving Pisko to another position. Just hope the transfer portal doesn't bite us in the you know what.

2. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

What needs to be worried more about is immediate eligibility upon transfer and NIL. That is what could bite us in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    They are the same needs as every team playing softball has.
    CC-CV not every team has the same needs.

4. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    CC-CV not every team has the same needs.
    Please find me a team who does not need each of those three.

Please find me a team who does not need each of those three.
    Oklahoma!

What needs to be worried more about is immediate eligibility upon transfer and NIL. That is what could bite us in the butt.
    There really is no worry about either of these. None of the players will transfer to a team more capable of making noise in the tournament than the Cajuns. Other schools aren't going to pay NIL deals to any of these players to go to their school.

7. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    There really is no worry about either of these. None of the players will transfer to a team more capable of making noise in the tournament than the Cajuns. Other schools aren't going to pay NIL deals to any of these players to go to their school.
    Oh, so our girls are not that good?

Why doubt a guy with a podcast about softball?

9. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Why doubt a guy with a podcast about softball?
    Because what he said is doubtful. MAT has a podcast and much of what he says is doubtful.

What I'm saying is, this ain't football. Besides, Montana Fouts, I haven't heard of any softball player making huge bank. I just have not heard of any softball player transferring for an NIL deal.

What I'm saying is, this ain't football. Besides, Montana Fouts, I haven't heard of any softball player making huge bank. I just have not heard of any softball player transferring for an NIL deal.
    Correct but some big time players entered the portal today. As teams get eliminated and exit interviews happen expect the portal to blow up.

12. Default Re: 22 SB Recap & 23 Fall Outlook

And my point is that for anyone who wants to take any of them, the mechanism is there with immediate transfer eligibility and NIL. Don’t think that there is not some team out there with available boosters who want to compete at a higher level who could not pull this off.

And my point is that for anyone who wants to take any of them, the mechanism is there with immediate transfer eligibility and NIL. Don’t think that there is not some team out there with available boosters who want to compete at a higher level who could not pull this off.
    From Roarman's podcast he seems to know the landscape of college softball.

I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm saying I have not yet seen it to happen. Again, softball is not football.

I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm saying I have not yet seen it to happen. Again, softball is not football.
    Agree. I’d guess that 95% of the population of the Acadiana area cant name a single player on the UL softball team. And that it’s similar in most college towns/cities across the country.

I doubt there are many people willing to fork over any significant money to use one of the players in an ad campaign.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information