Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: SB Regional G2: LA 3, UNCW 1

Default Re: SB Regional G2: LA vs UNCW

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    I as coach. Would not have pulled lamb. I want to start Shorman next game.
    There is no next game, if you don't win this one. The list of teams that have had their season end because they were trying to win the NEXT game before winning the current game is very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Just wondering…..was that the longest shot ever in Cajun softball…man into the lake!???
    Holly or Elkins at Lamson. I believe the barrier kept it from entering the lake.

Default Re: SB Regional G2: LA 3, UNCW 1

Strategy is an odd thing in softball. Truth is any of our pitchers can throw 120 pitches tonight.vs au. It might actually help that 2 of them felt the field. Hard to tell. But I did not think it was needed against this team.

Keep in mind Coach Erin at UNCW was the pitching coach at Georgia State for a few years so she had a good scouting report on some of our players and knows the coaching style of Coach Glasco. They had a good game plan.

5. Default Re: SB Regional G2: LA 3, UNCW 1

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Keep in mind Coach Erin at UNCW was the pitching coach at Georgia State for a few years so she had a good scouting report on some of our players and knows the coaching style of Coach Glasco. They had a good game plan.
    Useful trivia

There is a reason UNCW kept the 1st pitcher in so long. The Cajuns are not a good low ball hitting team, in general. The rise ball pitcher is much more to our liking and strengths. I will say for a lowball, change-up pitcher, their catcher did a good job keeping those ball in front of her with all the traffic we had on the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    There is no next game, if you don't win this one. The list of teams that have had their season end because they were trying to win the NEXT game before winning the current game is very long.
    Every time this is brought up, I think of the 2000
    Super in Columbia. Robe went to a true freshman that couldn’t hit 85 on his fastball. He knew it was his only way to win two games, not just 1. I understand that scenario doesn’t fit all the time, but we aren’t playing to get to Sunday, we’re playing to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Super in Columbia. Robe went to a true freshman that couldn’t hit 85 on his fastball. He knew it was his only way to win two games, not just 1. I understand that scenario doesn’t fit all the time, but we aren’t playing to get to Sunday, we’re playing to win it all.
    That back fires more often than not.

Maybe, but all the broad strokes people use here, I figured I’d point it out

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    I understand the strategy and the mentality behind it. I would argue that it is not the ONLY way the Cajuns could've won both games. The only thing that is guaranteed is that you cannot win if you are eliminated. That is truly the only time you win percentage is 0%.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread Information