Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SB Regional G1: Louisiana 3, Auburn 4

Default Re: SB: 1:30pm Louisiana vs Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    So you’re saying he should intentionally walk the potential winning run?

It’s not like the young lady that hit the winning HR (and the previous one in the game) had 40 HRs this season. If it were someone like Lexie Elkins when she was a Cajun…then maybe. I would be willing to bet that there aren’t any coaches in regionals this year that would walk the potential winning run, especially with just one out and the success they had stealing bases, unless they were facing someone hitting about .450 with 30+ HRs.

Maybe just give some credit to the hitter that got the job done.
    I tend to agree, pitching around her isn't the obvious answer, at least to start the at bat. It might crawl into my mind when you get behind her in the count though.

Default Re: SB Regional G1: Louisiana 3, Auburn 4

She's got 19 HR's, you walk her. I wouldn't have pitched to Elkins in that situation either.

It’s not like the young lady that hit the winning HR (and the previous one in the game) had 40 HRs this season. If it were someone like Lexie Elkins when she was a Cajun…then maybe. I would be willing to bet that there aren’t any coaches in regionals this year that would walk the potential winning run, especially with just one out and the success they had stealing bases, unless they were facing someone hitting about .450 with 30+ HRs.

Yes, would have walked her. The hitters behind her had done almost nothing. Why let her beat you?

Wasn't base steal threat, she has now hit 20 HR. Bottom half of their lineup had not done anything all game.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Blame this loss on Justin more than anyone else for pitching to 77 in the sixth. Don’t understand it.
    Glasco another year another failure. He needs to go.

Twice (as you already mentioned).

No way she should have gotten anything near the plate if we pitch to her at all. She never should have been given the opportunity for us to give her credit.

I’ll let your village know you have been found.
    Lord, some peoples chilren.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_UL View Post
    Glasco another year another failure. He needs to go.
    They are not ready for the big time....Again. They fail. I am missing Mike Lotief. He got his team to preform.. Glasco another failure. It sucks to be a softball fan. And don't tell me about next year. ____ next year.

They are not ready for the big time....Again. They fail. I am missing Mike Lotief. He got his team to preform.. Glasco another failure. It suck to be a softball fan.
    But Glasco wasn't even coaching today...

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I’ll let your village know you have been found.
    Lord, some peoples chilren.
    Yup. Don't feed the troll...

Relax real man of genius. Thanks for showing us you’re only a fan when the team wins.
    ICYMI, and obviously you have, it’s called competition. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win.

They are not ready for the big time....Again. They fail. I am missing Mike Lotief. He got his team to preform.. Glasco another failure. It sucks to be a softball fan. And don't tell me about next year. ____ next year.
    Seriously? Missing two starters and Glasco for this game. We are all disappointed, but you need to take step back fair weather fan.

Damn you got me on that. I was working and just saw the final. Getting tired of failures in the offseason. It sucks to fail year after year. The head coach take the beatings.

Come on Mike......grow up! Remember, Glasco didn't come here and take your job.....you lost it!!!!

15. Default ESPN 1420 UL Softball Falls Short to Auburn in Game 1 of Regionals

Louisiana coming off of the Sun Belt championship felt confident going into Regionals. The Cajuns fell short in game 1 losing to Auburn 3-4.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information