Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Unless Deggs wins this SBC tournament, he should, I’m not saying he will, but he should be on the hot seat for 2023.
    We have too much tradition here!
    Y’all agree?
    Time to back away from the cliff.

2. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    They played the entire game with the corners pinched to protect against the bunt single. Every hard hit grounder was either right at the third baseman or 6 inches foul, so we never backed them up. They took small ball away from us for the most part.
    Well that's what makes Sports great.

Paper, rock, scissors

There is an offense for every defense, and a defense for every offense, and it's up to the coaches to identify which one will work best on that day.

Unless Deggs wins this SBC tournament, he should, I’m not saying he will, but he should be on the hot seat for 2023.
    Y’all agree?
    Highly doubtful but let's see if he can win the tourney this year before we talk about hot seat but if he doesn't get us to a regional for three straight years 21,22,23...then I think its fair to say its time to reevaluate things.

Default Re: Baseball game 1 vs little rock

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    We can kiss any at large goodbye. Gotta win the whole damn thing.
    That was accomplished last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    We have the worst pitching staff top to bottom that I can remember, but we still 1st in the sun belt in that category which is mind blowing. There is no one from this staff that is starting today that would be robe’s ace pitcher. We are the only sunbelt team that doesn’t have at least 1 dominant pitcher. It is crazy how bad we need to go out and get some aces. This team can’t hit good pitchers and we might have talent to be in a regional, but we are not consistent enough to be a regional team. We got to win the tourney or this season is over. Tonight was frustrating, but we can win the tourney. Very sad loss, but the fact we could not adjust is worrisome.
    I really think some people have forgotten how bad 2018, 2019 were. 2020 had zero talent as well. Covid didn't let that be exposed. The cubbard was left bare. Very bare.

Y’all agree?
    Wow. Really ? And I'm sure you were cool with 2017, 2018, and 2019 with not one person calling for Robe's head. Talbot was the one getting hammered. Marlin hangs out here for the last 12 years basically stealing form the university and gets a farewell tour next season because it's his "last year". I'll say it again, this is Degg's second full season and yes, eyes should be open in 2023 but to say "hot seat" is a bit much at this point. Now, if he doesn't make a regional in 2023 the yes, he'll be looked at with a microscope in 2024.

Y’all agree?
    I was never a fan of this hire, so yeah. I felt it was a purely emotional hire. We had the clout and tradition to go out and hire a really good one.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Im gonna paraphrase his comments in the pregame but…it never hurts to shuffle the order around so the dont get too comfortable. Like what?
    Yeah, great strategy not to let our lineup get comfortable. Sure looked like we were not comfortable last night. Guess it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    I really think some people have forgotten how bad 2018, 2019 were. 2020 had zero talent as well. Covid didn't let that be exposed. The cubbard was left bare. Very bare.
    I'm not a hot seat advocate YET, but time to let go of this excuse.

Coach Deggs is near the end of year 3 of a 5 year contract. The contract gets extended a year with a reg. season conf. title, a conf. tourney title or a regional appearance. It will be interesting to see what happens after year 4 without one of those milestones occurring. For everyone's sake, I hope that does not happen. Selfishly, I do not want to start over with another new coach and wait at least 4 more years for a regional. I want this to work and this to be Deggs' last job.

That said, there is no reason we should not have the success So. Miss enjoys with 14 regionals in the last 19 years, soon to be 15 of 20. Why them and not us?

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...c867602b0.html

11. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

I don’t want Deggs fired. I want him to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Not an excuse at all. It's facts.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I was never a fan of this hire, so yeah. I felt it was a purely emotional hire. We had the clout and tradition to go out and hire a really good one.
    And what "really good one" would have come for $350K a year ? The average salary for a D-1 Head Baseball Coach for 2019-2020 was $589K. I'm sure it's higher now.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    And what "really good one" would have come for $350K a year ? The average salary for a D-1 Head Baseball Coach for 2019-2020 was $589K. I'm sure it's higher now.
    John Szecf at VA Tech make more than double Deggs $$. Many here wanted Jake Gautreau. He made $275,000 at MS State in 2020 as an assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    My hand is near the panic button!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information