Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

Unless Deggs wins this SBC tournament, he should, I’m not saying he will, but he should be on the hot seat for 2023.
    We have too much tradition here!
    Y’all agree?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Unless Deggs wins this SBC tournament, he should, I’m not saying he will, but he should be on the hot seat for 2023.
    Y’all agree?

Not a huge fan of his so would not be upset to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    We have the worst pitching staff top to bottom that I can remember, but we still 1st in the sun belt in that category which is mind blowing. There is no one from this staff that is starting today that would be robe’s ace pitcher. We are the only sunbelt team that doesn’t have at least 1 dominant pitcher. It is crazy how bad we need to go out and get some aces. This team can’t hit good pitchers and we might have talent to be in a regional, but we are not consistent enough to be a regional team. We got to win the tourney or this season is over. Tonight was frustrating, but we can win the tourney. Very sad loss, but the fact we could not adjust is worrisome.
    We just lost a game 2-0 and your complaint is pitching?

NeverMind the fact our ERA coming into the game was 4.27, the best of the conference and 38th nationally.

This season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He might be, but I didn't see any energy on the field or in the dugout. They looked cooked before the first pitch.
    Felt the same. Our guys did not look like they wanted to be there. The uncontested steal was unacceptable.

Tonight was not about our pitching. It was about our hitters not being able to hit decent pitching. The frustrating thing is we get 20 hits one game, and dont pitch. Then we hold a team to 2 runs and its not enough to win a game bc he dont hit.

Wonder what kind of knee jerk reaction we will see with the lineup tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Wonder what kind of knee jerk reaction we will see with the lineup tomorrow.
    Rocco on the mound. Lefleur at 1st. And Robinson behind the plate.

But guys, the Covid year. This is basically Deggs first year honestly. He needs 6 more years before we can make a proper judgement

Im gonna paraphrase his comments in the pregame but…it never hurts to shuffle the order around so the dont get too comfortable. Like what?

Y’all agree?
    No

12. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

Y’all agree?
    No, not even close.

jmo

Y’all agree?
    Mediocrity is acceptable at UL.

14. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 0, Little Rock 2

To add some levity…

We threw our best arms and they navigated some troubled waters to keep a good offensive club down. Played some good defense as well.

I thought the ground-ruled double to right field that kept TR from scoring hurt us. That likely would have been a triple for Hood (think it was Hood) and we take the lead.

Arnold was good. Breaker was being driven into the ground all game long and he was getting the high strike call. Our guys swung out countless FBs outside of the zone because of it. There’s a reason he was SBC pitcher of the year in ‘21. He dominated us last year too.

We again got away from small ball, against (on paper) a bad defensive team. I don’t understand it. Either way, that’s a tough loss at home on a Friday night against a very average baseball team. Although I will say I think they played very well. One of their fans at the park said this was the best game they played all season.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    To add some levity…

We threw our best arm and they navigated some troubled waters to keep a good offensive club down. Played some good defense as well.

I thought the ground-ruled double to right field that kept TR from scoring hurt us. That likely would have been a triple for Hood (think it was Hood) and we take the lead.

Arnold was good. Breaker was being driven into the ground all game long and he was getting the high strike call. Our guys swung out countless FBs outside of the zone because of it. There’s a reason he was SBC pitcher of the year in ‘21. He dominated us last year too.

We again got away from small ball, against (on paper) a bad defensive team. I don’t understand it. Either way, that’s a tough loss at home on a Friday night against a very average baseball team. Although I will say I think they played very well. One of their fans at the park said this was the best game they played all season.
    They played the entire game with the corners pinched to protect against the bunt single. Every hard hit grounder was either right at the third baseman or 6 inches foul, so we never backed them up. They took small ball away from us for the most part.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information