Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anyone take a look at the on-line roster lately?

1. Default Re: anyone take a look at the on-line roster lately?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    There is a long thread about Durke departure. It was about a week or so ago.
    But absolutely no uproar for Durke like there was for angel.

Default Re: anyone take a look at the on-line roster lately?

Quote Originally Posted by laf1049 View Post
    Was a little surprise it happens before the end of the season-- not saying its bad-- matter of fact it is good for the players to get a jump start on looking for a new place to play.

Only irony is that Angel left similarly and there was an uproar about "quitter" etc,, and these guys can't get on the field - similar to Angel-- yet crickets.

Now if any of these players who haven't been playing decided to leave on their own BEFORE end of the season would there be an uproar? Again similar to Angel?
    I won't speak for anyone but myself, but seems like Deggs is very knee jerk with playing the hot hand as well as sending someone to the dog house. That wasn't as clear to me last year and I felt like Conor quit on the team. It may have been lack of proper instruction OR a lack of willingness to put in the work. We'll see how his pro career turns out. I feel the same about Durke, but with the added context about Deggs, I'll stop short of calling him a quitter. Outside of Clark supposedly being a clubhouse problem, the others never got opportunities and likely weren't going to help our team one way or another.

Are we sure these guys are no longer with the program or are they just not on the postseason roster? Being we have not seen them on the field that could be the case as postseason rosters are trimmed down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Are we sure these guys are no longer with the program or are they just not on the postseason roster? Being we have not seen them on the field that could be the case as postseason rosters are trimmed down a little.
    If they're removed online, they're off the team. They would still be listed if on the team but not postseason roster.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    If they're removed online, they're off the team. They would still be listed if on the team but not postseason roster.
    Ok

Getting to the point guys-- Durke was not going to pitch probably any more -- hard to criticize him leaving early I mean after all Deggs doesn't have a problem with it. Same for Angel.

I for one- think Durke did the right thing for him--as did Angel.

Getting to the point guys-- Durke was not going to pitch probably any more -- hard to criticize him leaving early I mean after all Deggs doesn't have a problem with it. Same for Angel.

I don't think anyone here suggested otherwise. Any athlete that isn't happy in the program has the right to seek a better opportunity.

Bryce Calloway is also no longer on the online roster

9. Default Re: anyone take a look at the on-line roster lately?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Bryce Calloway is also no longer on the online roster
    2/3rds of an inning on the season, two different games 1/3 of an inning each, pitched in 2 blowout games, 1/3 vs Indiana where he got the only out he pitched and 1/3 vs Rice where he gave up 1 hit and 3 runs. I saw him pitch vs Rice looked like he had decent stuff, but control was an issue.

Well ill disagree with that. But in the era of sport that we are in…it lends itself to individualistic ways of thinking and goals when it should be more team oriented. That is one of the negative products of college free agency. He quit on his TEAM to go prepare himself for summer ball. Obviously he will be preparing himself in a way that he couldnt as a member of the ballclub. Im not sure what kind of bullpens he will be able to throw not affiliated with the team that will better prepare him for summer ball. Sometimes sticking it out when things arent what you like, or things not going your way teaches you a little something about yourself. It may be a small lesson but you will gain something from it.

A great man once stated “to work while you wait”. It seems this logic doesn’t apply to the younger generation.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    A great man once stated “to work while you wait”. It seems this logic doesn’t apply to the younger generation.
    It sure seems that way. The powers to be (committees) want to help them in that effort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information