Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Carter Domingue

Default Re: Carter Domingue

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    For Carter that is a tremendous commitment and I applaud him for it.

But, even though he is an exception to the normal transfer that we are use to seeing. How many recruited players have graduated from UL or stayed the 4 years since Marlin has been here? Scholarship players, not walkons.
    I don’t know the number but I can name some from recent years. Trajan Wesley, Cedric Russell, Steven Wronkowsi, Kasey Shepherd, Jonathan Stove, and Bryce Washington. Kobe Julien is on the verge of graduation. Earier Bryant Mbamalu also graduated. In addition there are several others who earned UL degrees despite not starting here. Those include Malik MArquetti and Frank Bartley. More recently Theo Awkuba, Brayan AU, and Durey Cadwell are in that number. Cadwell should count in the 4 year number as he has earned a bachelor’s and will soon complete a Master’s program. I am sure I missed several but those come to mind tonight.

Default Re: Carter Domingue to Enter Seminary

Although I am sure this has been contemplated for some time, final decision must have been recent. He was participating in summer basketball workouts as recently as last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Although I am sure this has been contemplated for some time, final decision must have been recent. He was participating in summer basketball workouts as recently as last week.
    Maybe he will play in the church league.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe he will play in the church league.
    I know my money will be on the Seminarian’s when he’s eligible for the Seminarians vs Priest’s annual bball game at Cathedral.

Perhaps he got an NIL deal from Acadiana Religious to make this move! Ha

What an awesome young man.

Ive never met him, but as a Lafayette Catholic Parishioner, I can only imagine what kind of potential influence he can make on future youth. Not saying all youth will want to become priest, but to have someone with his athletic/ high school star background, that will go a long way to relating to kids and making it “cool” to be a faith filled person.

Congratulations, but more importantly, thank you Carter for answering the call to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I know my money will be on the Seminarian’s when he’s eligible for the Seminarians vs Priest’s annual bball game at Cathedral.

Perhaps he got an NIL deal from Acadiana Religious to make this move! Ha
    Was just thinking that. The priest make the rules. They will have to rule him ineligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Pop View Post
    Was just thinking that. The priest make the rules. They will have to rule him ineligible.
    Not many priests will be able to jack up 3's and dunk.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Carter Domingue

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    What an awesome young man.

Ive never met him, but as a Lafayette Catholic Parishioner, I can only imagine what kind of potential influence he can make on future youth. Not saying all youth will want to become priest, but to have someone with his athletic/ high school star background, that will go a long way to relating to kids and making it “cool” to be a faith filled person.

Congratulations, but more importantly, thank you Carter for answering the call to serve.

9. Default Re: Carter Domingue

AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM…….Oops that’s for Jesuits! Good luck in your journey to help our world!

William Hebert a Sr at STM on the basketball team when Carter was a Sophomore also entered the seminary around a year ago. I wonder how many high school basketball teams can make that claim with 2 from one team?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    William Hebert a Sr at STM on the basketball team when Carter was a Sophomore also entered the seminary around a year ago. I wonder how many high school basketball teams can make that claim with 2 from one team?
    Not basketball but David Rozas was a Sr on the Teurlings Catholic soccer team in 2007. Kyle White was a sophomore on that same team. Both are now Catholic priest in the Diocese of Lafayette. Kyle was an All State 1st team soccer player, played in 4 state championship games and was a 2-time state champion. Both were excellent student athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    Not basketball but David Rozas was a Sr on the Teurlings Catholic soccer team in 2007. Kyle White was a sophomore on that same team. Both are now Catholic priest in the Diocese of Lafayette. Kyle was a All State 1st team soccer player, played in 4 state championship games and was a 2-time state champion. Both were excellent student athletes.
    Since you know Fr. White, thought you might enjoy this 30 minute YouTube video. His story on how and why he became a Priest. Really well done. Worth the watch. 30 minutes.

https://youtu.be/KXhO8MaPju0

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Since you know Fr. White, thought you might enjoy this 30 minute YouTube video. His story on how and why he became a Priest. Really well done. Worth the watch. 30 minutes.

https://youtu.be/KXhO8MaPju0
    Excellent video. During the video it showed a clip of Kyle & his TCH teammates in their red jerseys. That was taken right after winning the state Div II soccer championship vs Loyola in 2009.

What a phenomenal young man. We are truly blessed in this area with so many amazing young priests. And I'm happy to see Carter adding to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    Not basketball but David Rozas was a Sr on the Teurlings Catholic soccer team in 2007. Kyle White was a sophomore on that same team. Both are now Catholic priest in the Diocese of Lafayette. Kyle was an All State 1st team soccer player, played in 4 state championship games and was a 2-time state champion. Both were excellent student athletes.
    Thanks for sharing I did not know that. Fr. Kyle will be having diner at my house on Sunday evening, I'll have to ask him about that. Where is Fr. Rozas assigned? I don't think I have ever heard of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information