Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold Out: Clemson Softball Regional.

UL Softball Sold Out: Clemson Softball Regional.

There are no tickets available for Ragin Cajun fans for the Clemson regional. The softball park seats 1,000 fans. Each player was allotted four tickets. Maybe try StubHub?

It's very unfortunate. All of the die-hard fans who love to travel won't be doing so.

Default Re: Clemson Softball Regional. Sold out.

...or maybe our players who will not use their tickets can sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    There are no tickets available for Ragin Cajun fans for the Clemson regional. The softball park seats 1,000 fans. Each player was allotted four tickets. Maybe try StubHub?

It's very unfortunate. All of the die-hard fans who love to travel won't be doing so.
    A P5 school with a crappy stadium that only seats 1,000 is pretty pathetic. Seems like there should be a minimum capacity requirement to be able to host.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    A P5 school with a crappy stadium that only seats 1,000 is pretty pathetic. Seems like there should be a minimum capacity requirement to be able to host.
    I agree, there should be a minimum capacity to host. This would help softball as a whole by making schools invest in improving facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I agree, there should be a minimum capacity to host. This would help softball as a whole by making schools invest in improving facilities.
    The Clemson Park is brand new. It has 1,000 chair back seats.They've only been playing softball for three years. Seems they would have built it with more seats. Or, brought in temporary bleachers for the outfield.

Oklahoma State capacity 750.....

The Clemson Park is brand new. It has 1,000 chair back seats.They've only been playing softball for three years. Seems they would have built it with more seats. Or, brought in temporary bleachers for the outfield.
    Been playing only three seasons. First cut short with Covid, second season went 44-8, and hosting a regional this season.

Kind of shows what some of us have been talking about on the board, than many who complain about Coach Glasco’s “lack of success” don’t seem to grasp.

The college softball landscape is completely different than it was 10 years ago. The big money boys have really jumped in now, and someone like Clemson is already hosting a Regional.

No history, but with all their resources, they can immediately recruit the athletes and coaches to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Oklahoma State capacity 750.....
    They should not be eligible to host either. A minimum capacity of at least 1500 should be required.

Clemson roster is loaded with girls from SC, NC, and nearby in Ga. SC is a hotbed for softball and some high schools in NC have upped the anti with softball especially in the Charlotte area. And, with all that Clemson offers, its not a tough sell to get recruites to go there. Campus is an Ag school, located on several lakes...very secluded location. Football and baseball rule.

10. Default Re: Clemson Softball Regional. Sold out.

Capacity is 1606 according to their website, with 1,000 chairbacks. they will bring in portable bleachers and can sit on the berm similar to LSU field.

Guys, not so long ago people were saying this about the Tigue. Sure we updated it and it's great, but Moo State and Ole Miss were complaining about us hosting and we told them to shove it.

Softball has a greater attendance disparity than Baseball. I just did a quick search of softball attendance and found 2019's records that are close enough to safely be representative of today (minus Clemson.)

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/SB_Rec...Attendance.pdf

Not a lot of people elsewhere in the U.S. attend softball games like we do. A thousand seat stadium is more than enough for all but a small percentage of schools. It does seem small for a name like Clemson, though.

It's unfortunate that Cajun fans can't get tickets, but it's pretty safe to say you won't have 1000 there for the Louisiana - Auburn matchup as you can imagine they are sold as packages. Since it's right after the Clemson - UNCW game, there should be a ticket to be had if you could not get one off the secondary market. Although, I understand driving that distance for a gamble doesn't sound great.

12. Default Re: Clemson Softball Regional. Sold out.

Clemson averages over 1,500 per game, they are in the top 10 in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSBCAJUN View Post
    Capacity is 1606 according to their website, with 1,000 chairbacks. they will bring in portable bleachers and can sit on the berm similar to LSU field.
    So, I knew there were 1,000 chair backs. I do see where the last home game had 1616 in attendance. I'm assuming, they all sat on the berm. If so, why aren't there more available tickets for Cajun fans?

14. Default Re: Clemson Softball Regional. Sold out.

So, I knew there were 1,000 chair backs. I do see where the last home game had 1616 in attendance. I'm assuming, they all sat on the berm. If so, why aren't there more available tickets for Cajun fans?
    I am assuming that NC Wilmington fans and Auburn fans also bought a lot since they are pretty close to Clemson. Just keep on trying i guess roarman.

The tickets went on sale this morning at 8:00. I called at 8:00. I was told they were sold out. So, I'm not sure why Auburn and Wilmington fans would have had first dibs over Cajun fans, and, If so, how they got them.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information