Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sold Out: Clemson Softball Regional.

1. Default Re: Sold Out: Clemson Softball Regional.

So I lost something in the translation here, but Coach Glasco is still the Head Coach of the Cajun Softball team, right?

Default Re: Sold Out: Clemson Softball Regional.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So I lost something in the translation here, but Coach Glasco is still the Head Coach of the Cajun Softball team, right?
    Hell yes.

UL Softball Re: Clemson Softball Regional. Sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Been playing only three seasons. First cut short with Covid, second season went 44-8, and hosting a regional this season.

Kind of shows what some of us have been talking about on the board, than many who complain about Coach Glasco’s “lack of success” don’t seem to grasp.

The college softball landscape is completely different than it was 10 years ago. The big money boys have really jumped in now, and someone like Clemson is already hosting a Regional.

No history, but with all their resources, they can immediately recruit the athletes and coaches to be successful.
    I’m afraid the facts you are stating don’t support the point you are trying to make. Are you saying Clemson has a better coach and better athletes than the Cajuns?

The Cajuns have a top notch coach, the number one recruiting class in the country, a nicer, or at least bigger facility, a long history in the sport and great fan support. I’m not understanding what you are trying to say.

He’s saying that more of the big boys are finally deciding to throw money at softball. When schools can go from not having a team at all to hosting a regional in less than 3 years, it will become harder and harder for schools like us to compete. Not an excuse, just a fact

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    He’s saying that more of the big boys are finally deciding to throw money at softball. When schools can go from not having a team at all to hosting a regional in less than 3 years, it will become harder and harder for schools like us to compete. Not an excuse, just a fact
    That is correct.

The teams with better players, coaches , facilities, and fan support would generally have the advantage. I understand that money helps to get these things. But, most people on here agree that the Cajuns have them all right now, and have had them for the last several years.

I submit that if other schools are hosting and advancing in the post season every year and we are not, then we have misjudged the quality of one or more things on the list. Money don’t play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    The teams with better players, coaches , facilities, and fan support would generally have the advantage. I understand that money helps to get these things. But, most people on here agree that the Cajuns have them all right now, and have had them for the last several years.

I submit that if other schools are hosting and advancing in the post season every year and we are not, then we have misjudged the quality of one or more things on the list. Money don’t play the game.
    The problem with UL softball is that they are in a mediocre conference. They dominate the conference but will likely never host because the rest of the teams really aren’t good, which brings down their RPI and SOS.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    The problem with UL softball is that they are in a mediocre conference. They dominate the conference but will likely never host because the rest of the teams really aren’t good, which brings down their RPI and SOS.
    Yeah because we’ve never hosted a regional or a super before.

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    Yeah because we’ve never hosted a regional or a super before.
    I didn’t say we haven’t before. I said it’s unlikely, which it is.
    It’s not for lack of talent of the team or the facility. It’s the conference they play in.

How many softball teams from the Sunbelt Conference are playing in the regionals?

One. Louisiana.

It’s not for lack of talent of the team or the facility. It’s the conference they play in.

How many softball teams from the Sunbelt Conference are playing in the regionals?

One. Louisiana.
    How many from the sun belt were playing in the tournament last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    How many from the sun belt were playing in the tournament last year?
    4?

I know little to nothing about women’s softball, and I certainly don’t know coach Glasgow. But for all of his detractors, how many P5 teams have done better in the last three years?

Unfortunately, I think it is quite possible that softball will go the way of women’s basketball. How well has Louisiana Tech done the last 15 years?

One. Louisiana.
    You didn’t clarify a timeframe. You said we will never host. We always schedule well in non-conference. If we don’t go 1-6 against Top 25 teams, I guarantee you we are in the conversation for hosting. Yes, it will be more difficult to host in the future with the influx of Power 5 competition, but to say it’s impossible is inane

14. Default Re: Sold Out: Clemson Softball Regional.

There are no Power 5 opponents in Softball, but if you think there are, it probably doesn't matter.

15. Default Re: Sold Out: Clemson Softball Regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There are no Power 5 opponents in Softball, but if you think there are, it probably doesn't matter.
    So UL isn’t in a mid major conference and they didn’t play any teams this year from any P5 conferences. Gotcha.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information