Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SB transfers

1. Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Just kidding, i couldnt resist….

but i digress, the actual point of my question had more to do with roster spot than the intricacies of baserunning.

I meant why leave the spot empty, and thought of a runner as an example of someone that would take the least amount of time and resources to join the team and “get up to speed”.
    And if thats all they were going to do, and lets say had a scheduling conflict with track practice they wouldnt really need to be at all practices for the full length of time.

Also if we only have 22 on the roster, thats only 88 tickets, at least we should have gotten the roster up to 25 on paper to get the other 12 tickets they owe us.
    Nobody thinks that fast.

Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    If I am understanding this correctly, have a good time!

Well, even if I'm not, still have a good time!!!
    And I hope I won't disappoint you.

Been dealing with vision issues and the resulting treatments for going on 30 years.

Got my contact a few weeks ago and this will be the first game of any sort I will be going to with vision that can pass a driver's test since the 2017 football season.

Ironic that its baseball. Baseball, softball, and basketball are just too hard to follow, with the small balls of the diamond and quick pace of basketball. Football, I can make out the masses of humanity moving up and down the field.

If y'all see a guy crying in the stands tomorrow nite, its me.

3. Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Been dealing with vision issues and the resulting treatments for going on 30 years.

Got my contact a few weeks ago and this will be the first game of any sort I will be going to with vision that can pass a driver's test since the 2017 football season.

Ironic that its baseball. Baseball, softball, and basketball are just too hard to follow, with the small balls of the diamond and quick pace of basketball. Football, I can make out the masses of humanity moving up and down the field.

That is just awesome. Hopefully it is everything we all take for granted everyday. May it be sightalicuois for you.

Great news, I wish you nothing but the best. My dad battled vision problems his last 30 years of his life. I really hope it works out!

Congrats sir. Known you for decades, you never gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Great news, I wish you nothing but the best. My dad battled vision problems his last 30 years of his life. I really hope it works out!
    Thanks!!!!

Wanna know something scary?

We drove buses together.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Congrats sir. Known you for decades, you never gave up.
    Thanks for that. I just remember there are people with way bigger issues than mine.

Thanks!!!!

Wanna know something scary?

We drove buses together.
    Wow, that was a long time ago.

9. Default Re: SB transfers

T-MONK!!! THEIRS NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!
    Seriously man, this is the best of news!! So happy for you, Missy, the kids and that sweet Grand Baby!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    My Brother Patin, with all the mis-information and speculation on this board, you are fine. Hope you are well?

Z
    I thought everything said on here was true, until I saw this quote from a great man:

“The problem with internet quotes is that you cannot always depend on their accuracy.”

― Abraham Lincoln 1864

Congrats! And thanks for the perspective.
    It is so easy to take the simple blessings in life for granted

Monkee I appreciate you allowing me to be your eyes over the last years.

And, I'm really glad you don't need me tomorrow. My love to you and Missy. You're one of the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Monkee I appreciate you allowing me to be your eyes over the last years.

And, I'm really glad you don't need me tomorrow. My love to you and Missy. You're one of the good guys.
    I know people around here appreciate the absolute treasure that Jay Walker is to both the UL and the local community, but (and I know I've said it ad nauseum so I hope it doesn't lose its sincerity) next to Jay, the only people who have done more for me the last several years are my wife and my eye professionals.

(Make no mistake, this appreciation also extends to Stevie P., Bobby, Brad, and Ian.)

But Jay has always allowed me to maintain a sense of normalcy with regard to one of the passions of my life: everything about the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. That is a piece of my world that has always been constant.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I saw a post by Zee (who I've known for over 40 years and is one of those folks who will check on me just to see how its going with my eyes and is one of the two people I give full credit for me being happily married to my greatest passion for almost 36 years) and decided to randomly respond to one of his posts.

These two guys, Zee and Jay, are two guys that have made traveling down a bumpy road pretty smooth.

And I am forever in their debt.

We can now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

14. Default Re: SB transfers

[QUOTE=Cajun Monkee;1359621]I know people around here appreciate the absolute treasure that Jay Walker is to both the UL and the local community, but (and I know I've said it ad nauseum so I hope it doesn't lose its sincerity) next to Jay, the only people who have done more for me the last several years are my wife and my eye professionals.

(Make no mistake, this appreciation also extends to Stevie P., Bobby, Brad, and Ian.)

But Jay has always allowed me to maintain a sense of normalcy with regard to one of the passions of my life: everything about the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns. That is a piece of my world that has always been constant.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I saw a post by Zee (who I've known for over 40 years and is one of those folks who will check on me just to see how its going with my eyes and is one of the two people I give full credit for me being happily married to my greatest passion for almost 36 years) and decided to randomly respond to one of his posts.

These two guys, Zee and Jay, are two guys that have made traveling down a bumpy road pretty smooth.

We can now return to our regularly scheduled programming.[/QUOTE

Thanks!!! This is Bobby, would love to meet you. I’m easy to find.

[QUOTE=CajunsSball22;1359625]

I know people around here appreciate the absolute treasure that Jay Walker is to both the UL and the local community, but (and I know I've said it ad nauseum so I hope it doesn't lose its sincerity) next to Jay, the only people who have done more for me the last several years are my wife and my eye professionals.

We can now return to our regularly scheduled programming.[/QUOTE

Thanks!!! This is Bobby, would love to meet you. I’m easy to find.
    Remember, my daughter is married to Hollywood's son, so we're almost family.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information