Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SB transfers

1. Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    I stand corrected
    My Brother Patin, with all the mis-information and speculation on this board, you are fine. Hope you are well?

Z

2. Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    3 holes you say....
    in her swing. yes.

Z

Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    in her swing. yes.

Z
    Guess what I'm gone do tomorrow nite?

4. Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Dave, I have to disagree with you on this. Glasco uses pinch runners all the time. He did kick off three kids mid season that ran a lot, so maybe you thought he didn't use them as much.
    No, you seem to misunderstand me. I am talking about those players that are specific to baserunning. Glasco has not used those types of players. He does use pinchrunners, but look at the at bats those pinch runner have during the season. For instance Jenna Kean, who was one of those who was kicked off the team, might have been the most used one early in the season but even she had 25 AB's in 22 games. Raina O'neal is a regular starter who pinch ran a little bit and Ari Quinones who has 68 AB's does some.

Frankie Izard did a little but she was still injured and again was one kicked off the team.

I know he uses pinch runners that was not my point.

5. Default Re: SB transfers

Just because you have speed doesn't mean you can be a good base runner.
    Speed is way more important in softball than in baseball. In baseball, you can take leads and you can steal off of the pitcher. That is not available in softball.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    No, you seem to misunderstand me. I am talking about those players that are specific to baserunning. Glasco has not used those types of players. He does use pinchrunners, but look at the at bats those pinch runner have during the season. For instance Jenna Kean, who was one of those who was kicked off the team, might have been the most used one early in the season but even she had 25 AB's in 22 games. Raina O'neal is a regular starter who pinch ran a little bit and Ari Quinones who has 68 AB's does some.

Frankie Izard did a little but she was still injured and again was one kicked off the team.

I know he uses pinch runners that was not my point.
    I got you. You are talking about players that just run and nothing else. Eg... Courtney Trahan.

I got you. You are talking about players that just run and nothing else. Eg... Courtney Trahan.
    Courtney also does a great job with the National Anthem!

8. Default Re: SB transfers

Yes, sorry if I did not explain it better the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yes, sorry if I did not explain it better the first time.
    All good Dave.

10. Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Guess what I'm gone do tomorrow nite?
    No idea bud? Baseball game??

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    No idea bud? Baseball game??

Z
    Yup. And actually watch it.

Be the first game I've got the opportunity to see, in person, without the assistance of play-by-play.

Actually, in about 4-5 years, so I'm geeked.

Be the first game I've got the opportunity to see, in person, without the assistance of play-by-play.

If I am understanding this correctly, have a good time!

Well, even if I'm not, still have a good time!!!

13. Default Re: SB transfers

T-MONK!! Thats awesome dude! Absolutely fired up for you!!

Z

“I dont know what happened, JMV assured me you didnt have to be fast to be a good baserunner”- Pirates manager

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cu...rised-incident

Just kidding, i couldnt resist….

but i digress, the actual point of my question had more to do with roster spot than the intricacies of baserunning.

I meant why leave the spot empty, and thought of a runner as an example of someone that would take the least amount of time and resources to join the team and “get up to speed”.
    And if thats all they were going to do, and lets say had a scheduling conflict with track practice they wouldnt really need to be at all practices for the full length of time.

Also if we only have 22 on the roster, thats only 88 tickets, at least we should have gotten the roster up to 25 on paper to get the other 12 tickets they owe us.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information