Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SB transfers

Default Re: SB transfers

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Can you expand on that? Most feared in the country is a big statement.
    Don’t know if I can with out getting mechanical but she has 3 glaring holes in her swing . They have been pointed out to her. Hope is sinks in…

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Don’t know if I can with out getting mechanical but she has 3 glaring holes in her swing . They have been pointed out to her. Hope is sinks in…
    3 holes you say....

Zero eligibility for Raina.
    Raina is listed as a junior. Her initial junior season was 2020 which was the covid season which did not count. In her second junior season in 2021 she was injured early in the season and got a medical redshirt if I'm not mistaken. This season is her third junior season. Kind of hard to keep up with 2020 season not counting as a year of eligibility for everyone but unless Raina for some reason did not get the medical redshirt for 2021 she has one year of eligibility left if she chooses. If she would come back next season with all these years she might be able to get a doctorate by the time her eligibility runs out!

I think she lost a year whem she transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Raina is listed as a junior. Her initial junior season was 2020 which was the covid season which did not count. In her second junior season in 2021 she was injured early in the season and got a medical redshirt if I'm not mistaken. This season is her third junior season. Kind of hard to keep up with 2020 season not counting as a year of eligibility for everyone but unless Raina for some reason did not get the medical redshirt for 2021 she has one year of eligibility left if she chooses. If she would come back next season with all these years she might be able to get a doctorate by the time her eligibility runs out!
    She has zero eligibility left. The NCAA declined to award her a medical redshirt in 2021 because she had played in some games that year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think she lost a year whem she transferred.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    She's a redshirt freshman
    Maybe they were talking about medicare! She still has a few years of softball eligibility and I hope she spends them here. She has competition and if she wants to put in the work, she will see benefits. She can do that!

She has zero eligibility left. The NCAA declined to award her a medical redshirt in 2021 because she had played in some games that year.
    If that is the case then you are correct and I am mistaken. I thought that she was awarded a medical redshirt.

9. Default Re: SB transfers

What is the ncaa allowed roster limit?
    And why dont we have a JV team so if the roster dips down we can move folks up to keepmthe roster maxxed out. Maybe have some speedsters come over from track just to be pinch runners.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    What is the ncaa allowed roster limit?
    And why dont we have a JV team so if the roster dips down we can move folks up to keepmthe roster maxxed out. Maybe have some speedsters come over from track just to be pinch runners.
    Just because you have speed doesn't mean you can be a good base runner.

thank you nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    thank you nostradamus
    You don't have to be a smart ass. A lot of folks don't actually know that.

I will modify that some; anybody "can" be a good base runner, but having speed doesn't mean you are a good base runner. Being smart and instictive help make you a good base runner. IMO

14. Default Re: SB transfers

Yes but it is easier to coach how to baserun then coach speed (which is impossible). I look at a guy like Jam Williams in the past and others. I think his point was coaching these speedster girls to run the bases would be a good option as a pinchrunner. I know the Cajuns in the past have had girls on the roster who were specifically baserunners/pinch runners. Not that they were recruited here just to do that, but that is what they became, specifically with former coaching staffs, girls like Leandra Maly, Kendall Smith, Megan Thomas, Cassidy White and Jolie Readeaux. Coach Glasco has not utilized this concept like his predecessor, but that is because he has recruited some players that can hit and run at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yes but it is easier to coach how to baserun then coach speed (which is impossible). I look at a guy like Jam Williams in the past and others. I think his point was coaching these speedster girls to run the bases would be a good option as a pinchrunner. I know the Cajuns in the past have had girls on the roster who were specifically baserunners/pinch runners. Not that they were recruited here just to do that, but that is what they became, specifically with former coaching staffs, girls like Leandra Maly, Kendall Smith, Megan Thomas, Cassidy White and Jolie Readeaux. Coach Glasco has not utilized this concept like his predecessor, but that is because he has recruited some players that can hit and run at the same time.
    Dave, I have to disagree with you on this. Glasco uses pinch runners all the time. He did kick off three kids mid season that ran a lot, so maybe you thought he didn't use them as much.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information