Thread: Transfer Keyon Martin

Default Transfer Keyon Martin

His options were UL, App St., FAU and Wake Forrest.

Default Re: Transfer Keyon Martin

Nice get outta Youngstown St.

That's 3 good programs that we beat out for Mr. Martin. Nice! Also, it sounded like he really enjoyed his visit and liked the city of Lafayette.

Position? Looks like a wr

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    CB

6. Default Re: Transfer Keyon Martin

CB and a pretty good one at YSU. According to his profile he was a 3 star prospect out of HS in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He held offers out of HS from Akron, NIU, Air Force, Morgan State, Ohio and Stetson. He was an All Conference Honorable Mention at Youngstown as a Freshman and also a member of the All Newcomer Conference team. His biggest detriment will be size, he is not a big guy at all at 5'11 160 lbs but he started all 10 games last year for YSU who went 3-7 overall last year. YSU has been down since 2017, this used to be one of the premier FCS teams in the country at one time.

He originally committed to Akron, but decommitted later and then joined Youngstown State. Now sure what the reason for the decommitting was from Akron. I would assume he will be much happier here with the food and weather than in either Akron or Youngstown, OH. considering he is from South Florida.

How many years to play?

8. Default Re: Transfer Keyon Martin

How many years to play?
    He was listed as a Freshman (but it was a covid freshman as he played both the Spring and Fall 2021 seasons with them. His HS graduation year was 2019, so hell if I know what he is now, but my assumption is he will have 3 to play.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He was listed as a Freshman (but it was a covid freshman as he played both the Spring and Fall 2021 seasons with them. His HS graduation year was 2019, so hell if I know what he is now, but my assumption is he will have 3 to play.
    Thanks

Thread Information