Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB G3: Louisiana 9, TX St 11

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Texas St

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    We have a patch work pitching staff, no doubt. However, we are ranked 30th nationally in ERA and 42nd in WHIP.

We are 70th in fielding percentage.

We have obviously improved the offense production greatly since March.

While it "feels like" we are killing the ball, stats disagree.

We are still in the middle 1/3 of teams in most offensive categories.

We are 239th in walks and 284th in on base %, out of 293 teams. 185th in doubles.

Our offense has improved, but we had nowhere to go but up. As a team, we still very average. jmo.

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/rank...sport_code=MBA
    Guess we use to winning when we score 4-5 runs per game in the past bc we had quality arms. For THIS team i think its about pitching.

2. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Texas St

We have a patch work pitching staff, no doubt. However, we are ranked 30th nationally in ERA and 42nd in WHIP.

We are 70th in fielding percentage.

We have obviously improved the offense production greatly since March.

While it "feels like" we are killing the ball, stats disagree.

We are still in the middle 1/3 of teams in most offensive categories.

We are 239th in walks and 284th in on base %, out of 293 teams. 185th in doubles.

Our offense has improved, but we had nowhere to go but up. As a team, we still very average. jmo.

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/rank...sport_code=MBA
    Solid research, paints a more complete picture.

3. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Texas St

On base percentage is pretty telling

4. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana 9, TX St 11

Very obvious what happened today.

But I’ll say this, I don’t think Tx St can win the SBC tournament…

5. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana 9, TX St 11

I think pitching will decide their fate

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana 9, TX St 11

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Very obvious what happened today.

But I’ll say this, I don’t think Tx St can win the SBC tournament…
    All i know is im glad we not playing the tourney in their ballpark

7. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana 9, TX St 11

Nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Guess we use to winning when we score 4-5 runs per game in the past bc we had quality arms. For THIS team i think its about pitching.
    Agreed. No, we have no front line "Friday" arms, which we were lucky to have for so long. Just one Ardoin, Faught, Robichaux, Leger, Moody, Osborne or Baranik and our RPI would be much different. We would dominate the league with pitching, making up for our average offense.

That said, our team is fun to watch. Roccoforte and Brock could play for and carry any team in the country. Shok, Debarge, TR are excellent fielders.

We can always pitch better. We just need to pitch better with this offense. We are already pitching well, though, to me.

Agreed. No, we have no front line "Friday" arms, which we were lucky to have for so long. Just one Robichaux, Leger, Moody, Osborne or Baranik and our RPI would be much different. We would dominate the league with pitching, making up for our average offense.

That said, our team is fun to watch. Roccoforte and Brock could play for and carry any team in the country. Shok, Debarge, TR are excellent fielders.

We can always pitch better. We just need to pitch better with this offense. We are already pitching well, though, to me.
    I think you are correct, it is glaring apparent now. We don't have a true Friday night arm, we are pretty average across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think you are correct, it is glaring apparent now. We don't have a true Friday night arm, we are pretty average across the board.
    Avg. + pitching and Avg. offense, imo.

I wish we were better at the plate and the mound, but a Roccaforte AB is must see TV. Smoothest swing since Lucroy.

I'll bet he kills it in the Cape league this summer.

11. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana 9, TX St 11

hellp

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajunFan24 View Post
    hellp
    Yes. 24 is good too.

Our offense is above average…without question.

The Cajuns are good. When our pitchers do not walk batters, I personally think we are very good. Game 2 was the heart-breaker, and in that game we only walked three Texas State batters, but one of them score. Our staff is just not strong enough to work around the free passes.

I agree. While statistically, the staff is at or near the top, starting pitching is lacking. And its not to say that the starters aren’t good pitchers. Talley and Wilson are relievers. And Schultz is a solid Sunday guy.

They have done a good job of keeping the team in the game most of the time, but there just isn’t any legit starting pitchers on this team.

And while the offense has its warts, they will battle and fight.

This weekend, they ran into a better team. A team with five 5th year players in their lineup, and with 2 of the best starting pitchers and 2 of the best relievers in the conference…which the team fared fairly well against.

But the experience of their hitters showed in a BIG way. They don’t get themselves out often. They stay in the strike zone, and they get the barrel on the ball MUCH better than any other team in this conference.

I’m not sure they have the pitching depth to win a regional, but the top end is good enough to get them deep into one for sure. And they may be able to slug their way to a regional championship.

I’m rooting for them. They are definitely an enjoyable offense to watch if your team isn’t the opponent

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information