Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2022 SB postseason assignment

Default Re: 2022 SB postseason assignment

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Agree. Those "bad innings" have generally fallen to our two L pitchers where pitcher S has been the fixer upper. But S is, IMO, our best starter so not sure how this will play out. The key to bad inning, as we all know, is when to pull the pitcher. Changing pitchers, the way we've done pretty much all year, should keep those bad innings to a bare minimum. I hope!
    I agree, Rick. Our pitching coach is a rookie, too; a very promising one, but still a rookie. As the year has progressed, I believe that he has become more adept at handling those "one bad inning" situations before they get out of hand. Overall, I have been really impressed with how we have used our pitchers and with how our pitchers have responded to the way coach has handled in game changes.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Charlotte was an anomaly. They were good early and played about 20 games vs top 50 RPI, but cratered in conference, finishing 7th in CUSA and going 2 and out in the conference tournament.
    Not that it makes much of a difference, but Charlotte did win 2 games in the CUSA tournament

3. Default Re: 2022 SB postseason assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Caviar View Post
    It always matters whether you are a 2 or a 3 seed. If you are a 2, there is only supposed to be one team better than you in the regional. If you are a 3, there are supposed to be 2 teams better than you. While this is all in the eyes of the committee, it does matter.

Anyone who says it doesn’t matter fails to understand the seeding processes for the diamond sports.
    I matters at the time of seeding.

Seeding can affect what regional they send you to.

Even if a mistake is made as to the true quality of a team, once the regional starts it does not matter if you are a 2 or a 3, a three or a two. Your, oppents for the regional will not change.

Coming out of the regional it matters again, because if the team was misplaced it can affect which Super Regional they advance to.

UL Softball Re: 2022 SB postseason assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I matters at the time of seeding.

Seeding can affect what regional they send you to.

Even if a mistake is made as to the true quality of a team, once the regional starts it does not matter if you are a 2 or a 3, a three or a two. Your, oppents for the regional will not change.

Coming out of the regional it matters again, because if the team was misplaced it can affect which Super Regional they advance to.
    Nope. Once you are assigned a regional slot, you already know which super you will go to if you win. You don't know who you will play, but in our case, we know we are paired with the Oklahoma State regional.

Nope. Once you are assigned a regional slot, you already know which super you will go to if you win. You don't know who you will play, but in our case, we know we are paired with the Oklahoma State regional.
    That being said, if we win our regional and Oklahoma St. does not, what determines who hosts the Super? Would it be the highest seed of the two winners?

6. Default Re: 2022 SB postseason assignment

I didn't mean you are reassigned, I meant it matters again like it did at the beginning.

In other words the only time it doesn't matter is during actual regional play, 2or3 will play 1or4, you just must win.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    That being said, if we win our regional and Oklahoma St. does not, what determines who hosts the Super? Would it be the highest seed of the two winners?
    Not sure what the rule is now; but likely at the home of the winner of OKSt region, unless unable to host for lack of capacity or other facilities reason.

I am sure if that happens we will lobby for a home super.

Not sure what the rule is now; but likely at the home of the winner of OKSt region, unless unable to host for lack of capacity or other facilities reason.

Oklahoma State's stadium has a capacity of a pitiful 750. So it appears that capacity doesn't matter when hosting.

It used to be you had to have submitted a bid to host at the start of the process to be considered. Not sure of anything anymore.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information