Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2022 SB postseason assignment

Default Re: 2022 SB postseason assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Louisiana about to wreck that regional!
    We have a good shot. Just need to take it one game at a time. Clemson and Auburn have good pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We have a good shot. Just need to take it one game at a time. Clemson and Auburn have good pitching.
    Chance for some pay back with Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    We beat ourself last time with bad coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    That was painful.

UL up 10-5 in the seventh. Then this happened. Found an old article from the Montgomery paper:

Kasey Cooper (1-3, 2B, RBI, BB, 2 K) with a leadoff walk. Branndi Melero (1-4) lines one up the middle, two on. Carlee Wallace (1-2, BB HBP) flies out to right center. Haley ___an (2-3, BB, R) pops out. Morgan Estell (0-4, 3K) walks. Jade Rhodes (1-2, HR, RBI) walks, RBI, 10-6 UL.Jenna Abbott (0-2, 2 BB, K) walks, 10-7 UL. Tiffany Howard walks, 10-8, UL. Emily Carosone in a 2-0 count and Jordan Wallace comes out after 208 pitches. Christina Hamilton called for two balls on underhand throws to the second baseman, so Carosone walks in a run, 10-9 UL.Kasey Cooper walks, tie game at 10. Branndi Melero pops out to first. Six straight batters walked to erase the deficit

If memory serves me correctly, Jordan was struggling and ML refused to pull her. Hamilton comes in and tosses a couple to an infielder, I think while there was a discussion between coaches and umps and those 2 tosses were called balls to go along with the 2-0 count. I was fit to be tied watching this transpire.

One could postulate that UNCW doesnt make tourny if James Madison Dukes hadnt cancelled the rest of the season….

Ironic since JMU coming to SunBelt that that team would be in same region with SunBelt champ.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    One could postulate that UNCW doesnt make tourny if James Madison Dukes hadnt cancelled the rest of the season….

Ironic since JMU coming to SunBelt that that team would be in same region with SunBelt champ.
    JMU was a .500 team when they shut it down. And was not in first place. They lost their elite pitcher from last year. UNCW took 2 of 3 from JMU.

UNCW got hot at the right time.

Google is your friend.

https://uncwsports.com/sports/softba...?path=softball

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    JMU was a .500 team when they shut it down. And was not in first place. They lost their elite pitcher from last year. UNCW took 2 of 3 from JMU.

UNCW got hot at the right time.

Google is your friend.

https://uncwsports.com/sports/softba...?path=softball
    are you saying teams make post season decisions not based on the reason they give the media? i.e. a certain defending football national champ claiming “self imposed sanctions” for a bowl ban when they werent bowl eligible anyhow?

The dictionary is your friend, does postulate mean certainty?

I duck duck went the Colonial bracket, does that count? JMU as a two seed, bumps UNCW down to a four and needs a “play in” game. Just found it interesting…. A domino effect could change every game in that tourny, even if JMU doesnt win, just could mean UNCW doesnt. We will never know, but it is their first conf title….

Tara Henry from D1 softball was just on an NCAA Digital interview and picked the Cajuns as a possible surprise WCWS team from the "mid-major" position. Although, the Cajuns are far from a traditional mid major in softball. I added that last part.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Tara Henry from D1 softball was just on an NCAA Digital interview and picked the Cajuns as a possible surprise WCWS team from the "mid-major" position. Although, the Cajuns are far from a traditional mid major in softball. I added that last part.
    But still disrepected by the SEC controlled NCAA softball committee. Louisiana should have been a 2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    But still disrepected by the SEC controlled NCAA softball committee. Louisiana should have been a 2 seed.
    It's just splitting hairs at this point, but I think Auburn is a 3 seed with their OOC strength of schedule and their 9th place conference finish. We finished ahead of them in RPI, had a better non conference SOS, won the regular season and tournament.

It might be a wash unless we would have gotten like a mid major tournament winner as a 3 and we'd be a 2. Auburn would just be the home team, I guess.

We should be able to handle them. They should be in the same category as like an Illinois. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    In other words, expect more positive tests.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Who cares what seed we are?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Who cares what seed we are?
    In a 4 team tournament, 2 plays 3 plays winner of 1vs 4, what does it matter if we're a 2 or a 3 seed, we're still playing winner of 1 vs 4...or, heaven forbid, loser of 1vs4....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information