Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: BB G2: Louisiana 4, Texas St 6

Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana at Texas St

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    We deserve to lose after not scoring there. You can’t beat this team and waste opportunities like that
    I think it boils down to being consistent. We struggle to have it against better competition…all year. Make no mistake about it we do have a gritty, hard nose group that doesnt ever quit, but we struggle to be consistently good enough to win these kind of games. Close but not good enough yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I think that the issue is a trust issue or lack of trust in the entire pen. I mean honestly who has been lights out and reliable enough to trust given the situation we were in? Bringing him back a second night in a row is debatable but who do you use? Who do you believe in against the level of competition we are playing. Yes we have wiggled our way thru against lower level teams but this is decent competition we are facing. Especially in that ballpark. Whats happen is a microcosm of the season
    Thuet has been the best reliever and he came in to pitch to one batter before Hammond was brought in…again.

You let a RH face LH hitters all day, and vice versa yesterday. Trust guys that get outs and stop managing the pen like its the big leagues…where everybody is capable.

Thuet should have been out there until he proved he wasn’t effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Just got beat. Beat ourselves and got beat by a better team.
    Agree, but the bigger thing is Texas State is like the Cajuns USE to be. Give a team like that an opportunity, a price will be paid more often than not.

Texas State is pretty impressive and may be peaking at the right time.

Their most impressive stat to date…12-0 in conference on the road.

4. Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana at Texas St

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Thuet has been the best reliever and he came in to pitch to one batter before Hammond was brought in…again.

You let a RH face LH hitters all day, and vice versa yesterday. Trust guys that get outs and stop managing the pen like its the big leagues…where everybody is capable.

Thuet should have been out there until he proved he wasn’t effective.
    Yes. We’ve been saying this since Deggs got here.

We are better. We have talent. We have grit. All that is true.

But the same things keep popping up with his teams. Lack of attention to detail, fly by the seat of your pants decision making and over managing situations. No way in hell you send a guy home on a double steal when you’re supposed to pride yourself in winning the game of 2s. Debo has shown to be clutch down the stretch as well. Utterly stupid.

Almost no bunt game again yesterday. Bobby goes 0fer and makes another error that leads to a run. (He immediately puts Rincones back in). Single - double, no one out in the 6th. No one makes an adjustment to protect, 2 Ks and a pop out later, you’ve wasted a HUGE opportunity.

We just, again, make too many mistakes in big moments. Something we used to thrive on in this program is not beating ourselves. Now, we can’t get out of our own way.

Yes. We’ve been saying this since Deggs got here.

We are better. We have talent. We have grit. All that is true.

But the same things keep popping up with his teams. Lack of attention to detail, fly by the seat of your pants decision making and over managing situations. No way in hell you send a guy home on a double steal when you’re supposed to pride yourself in winning the game of 2s. Debo has shown to be clutch down the stretch as well. Utterly stupid.

Almost no bunt game again yesterday. Bobby goes 0fer and makes another error that leads to a run. (He immediately puts Rincones back in). Single - double, no one out in the 6th. No one makes an adjustment to protect, 2 Ks and a pop out later, you’ve wasted a HUGE opportunity.

We just, again, make too many mistakes in big moments. Something we used to thrive on in this program is not beating ourselves. Now, we can’t get out of our own way.
    I think you kind of hit the nail on the head. The play on fire unafraid to crash and burn philosophy is awesome. I love the style. But….1- has to be controlled agression 2- has to be played with guys that have high baseball IQ 3- cant be forced. Take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves and when the score and opponent dictate the risk you take advantage of it. Furthermore as a coach you may have a philosophy, but you coach to the skill set of what you dealing with. Adjust the philosophy if you have to. Too many times it feels like we putting a square peg in a round hole. It got us friday and again yesterday

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 4, Texas St 6

MAT, I agree with everything except the Bobby error didn’t cost us a run. We ended up getting out of that one. We played with fire all day - I think 6 of their 8 leadoff hitters reached base. It could have been even worse. You can’t ____ around with a one run lead for that long against a team like this. It’s not UTA or Arkansas State (the 2 worst teams in the league that we _____footed with and barely beat)

7. Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 4, Texas St 6

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    MAT, I agree with everything except the Bobby error didn’t cost us a run. We ended up getting out of that one. We played with fire all day - I think 6 of their 8 leadoff hitters reached base. It could have been even worse. You can’t ____ around with a one run lead for that long against a team like this. It’s not UTA or Arkansas State (the 2 worst teams in the league that we _____footed with and barely beat)
    Was that the inning we turned the DP? My innings ran together.

How brutal was that error though? Yeesh

Ragin' Cajuns Re: BB G2: Louisiana 4, Texas St 6

Have we been swept yet this season??

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Have we been swept yet this season??
    Troy

Was that the inning we turned the DP? My innings ran together.

How brutal was that error though? Yeesh
    Correct, one of the 4 we turned yesterday…in a loss

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information