Thread: Louisiana UnLimited: Sophie Daigle

1. Track & Field Louisiana UnLimited: Sophie Daigle

Sophie Daigle's smile began to widen as she reached out to embrace Louisiana distance coach Rocky Cappello.

"I can't believe I did it!" Daigle exclaimed to Capello as they stood inside the Birmingham CrossPlex in February.

The senior had just captured the 5k title at the Sun Belt Indoor Championships with a time of 16:52.88.

The embrace marked a new peak in the pairs' relationship that dates back more than 16 years.

"Sophie joined my AAU track team in third grade and that's the first time I coached her.," Capello said.

Default Re: Louisiana UnLimited: Sophie Daigle

Overall, I liked that article giving the background of her and her former AAU coach who is now our distance coach.

However, also from the article:

The newcomer smashed the Ragin Cajuns' 10k program record by over 40 seconds, finishing first with a time of 16:58.55.
    If that was her time, then she also crushed the 10k Men's World Record by over 9 minutes.

I'm going to assume the author was supposed to write that she crushed the Ragin Cajuns' (women) 5k record, since it was at a meet on January 14, so it would be indoor track.

Also, looking at last night's results from the Sunbelt Championship meet, Sophie Daigle won the Women's 10,000m with a time of 36:37.99.

Runner, I never wanted to run any further than it took to not get skewered by a javelin, and I got tired just watching the 400.

I know that is a good enough time to win, 'cause it did; but is that pretty good?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Runner, I never wanted to run any further than it took to not get skewered by a javelin, and I got tired just watching the 400.

I know that is a good enough time to win, 'cause it did; but is that pretty good?
    A couple of weeks ago, her 1500 time was around top 50 nationally. Haven’t checked, but I would assume her 5k time is pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

Her 5k school record time is damn good, and her 10k winning time Thursday night might also be a school record, unless she’s run faster earlier this season elsewhere.

CajunNation above said her 1500m time was Top 50, and it seems to me she’s probably more of a longer distance runner than mid-range like 1500/mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Her 5k school record time is damn good, and her 10k winning time Thursday night might also be a school record, unless she’s run faster earlier this season elsewhere.

CajunNation above said her 1500m time was Top 50, and it seems to me she’s probably more of a longer distance runner than mid-range like 1500/mile.
    She is competitive in the 1,500M and 3,000M but Runner is correct she is better in the 5,000M and even better in the 10,000M. Sophie will keep breaking her own records over and over.

Wow, third grade coach?
    Did we tamper? Or should big fish start hanging around the YMCA and the KofC free throw shootouts?

Thread Information