Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SBC Softball Tournament: Louisiana 9, Troy 1

1. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament: Cajuns - Troy

9 - 1 UL Final

Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament: Cajuns - Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Bad baserunning again. Seems like it happens every game. Would have an 8 run lead now if she would have been held at third.
    It's pretty amazing that I can read a post on here and know it's you who wrote it without reading your name. That's because almost every post you write is critical of the team. So, go ahead, complain that Roman had an in the park home run and not one over the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    Is there anyone here who can explain exactly what Johnson does illegally? I’m watching the game on the + but I don’t know enough about softball pitching rules to discern the issue. Commentators are also unhelpful
    When the pitcher pushes off the rubber with her trail leg she must maintain contact with the ground. You can’t just hop off the rubber when pushing. Commonly called a crow hop.

Is there anyone here who can explain exactly what Johnson does illegally? I’m watching the game on the + but I don’t know enough about softball pitching rules to discern the issue. Commentators are also unhelpful
    I actually think a number of the pitches called aren't illegal. Pitchers typically drag the toe of their trail foot and if it's too high they get called. In her case it looks like she turns her body so the trail leg is pointing first to third and it makes it appear she is replanting.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    It's pretty amazing that I can read a post on here and know it's you who wrote it without reading your name. That's because almost every post you write is critical of the team. So, go ahead, complain that Roman had an in the park home run and not one over the fence.
    He's a member of the RPCA...they always have great ingame takes....

6. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament: Cajuns - Troy

Inside the park home run to walk it off. Nuts
    Deez Nuts

7. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament: Cajuns - Troy

Her pivot foot leaves the ground when she delivers every single pitch. A pitcher's foot may leave the rubber, but it must remain in contact (drag) the ground. Johnson's foot may have dragged once or twice all day.

The first base umpire was on top of it. The third base umpire called it only twice, which means he's either not paying attention or clueless.

Oh, it's to go to call come NCAA tournament time in favor of the P5s.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I don't know the gentleman making the post so I'm not defending his comments but I don't see what's wrong with what he said. It is a fact we'd be up by 8 if not for the bad running decision. If we were tied or down by one everyone on here would have lost their mind over the play. Just glad we won lets move on.

10. Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament: Cajuns - Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I don't know the gentleman making the post so I'm not defending his comments but I don't see what's wrong with what he said. It is a fact we'd be up by 8 if not for the bad running decision. If we were tied or down by one everyone on here would have lost their mind over the play. Just glad we won lets move on.
    It is all the posts all the time. Together they are not only wrong, they defy fandom.

Default Re: SBC Softball Tournament: Louisiana 9, Troy 1

I dont call it bad baserunning I call it aggressive and I like aggressive. Sometimes it works sometimes its does not but I would rather be aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    So I guess Roman’s leg is getting better!! Really glad for her. And us.
    She had three triples in the opening weekend. Been better

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information