Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

  1. #1

    UL Baseball LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    It's that time of year again. Got some surprises in the brackets this season. Not as much star power as in the past, but still will have some great matchups.

    5A
    (8) St Amant vs (4) Sulphur
    (3) Dutchtown vs (2) West Monroe

    D1
    (1) Catholic-BR vs (5) Jesuit
    (3) John Curtis vs (2) Brother Martin

    4A
    (1) North Vermilion vs (5) North Desoto
    (6) Lakeshore vs (15) South Terrebonne

    3A
    (1) Berwick vs (4) Sterlington
    (3) Lutcher vs (2) Iota

    D2
    (8) University Lab vs (4) Parkview Baptist
    (3) Vandebilt Catholic vs (2) St Louis Catholic

    2A
    (1) Rosepine vs (5) Many
    (11) Doyle vs (2) Springfield

    D3
    (1) St Thomas Aquinas vs (5) Episcopal
    (3) Notre Dame vs (2) St Charles

    1A
    (1) Grand Lake vs (4) Logansport
    (3) Oak Grove vs (2) LaSalle

    D4
    (8) Covenant Christian vs (5) Calvary Baptist
    (3) Ouachita Christian vs (7) St Frederick

    B
    (1) Quitman vs (4) Converse
    (11) Anacoco vs (2) Choudrant

    C
    (9) Simpson vs (4) Hornbeck
    (3) Hicks vs (2) Calvin

    D5
    (1) Claiborne Christian vs (5) Northside Christian
    (3) Country Day Uni Academy vs (2) Grace Christian


  2. #2

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Cajun commits:
    Caleb Stelly (2022/Parkview Baptist)
    Lee Amedee (2022/St Amant)
    Clayton Porciau (2023/Catholic-BR)

    Other notable stars:
    Ethan Frey (2022/LSU/Rosepine)
    Tyler Lejeune (2022/Arizona/Iota)
    Luke Hill (2022/Arizona State/Episcopal)
    Alex Ainsworth (2023/Tulane/Catholic-BR)
    Jake Smith (2023/La Tech/Rosepine)
    William Schmidt (2024/Miss State/Catholic-BR)
    Hayden Federico (2024/Old Miss/West Monroe)
    John Pearson (2022/LSU/West Monroe)


  3. #3

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Wednesday Scores:
    [B] Converse 7 - Quitman 2
    [B] Choudrant 5 - Anacoco 4
    [C] Hornbeck 2 - Simpson 0
    [C] Hicks 11 - Calvin 1
    [D5] Claiborne Christian 11 - Northside Christian 7
    [D5] Grace Christian 8 - Country Day Uni Academy 7
    [1A] Grand Lake 11 - Logansport 1
    [1A] Oak Grove 5 - LaSalle 3
    [2A] Rosepine 14 - Many 0
    [2A] Doyle 4 - Springfield 2
    [D2] University Lab 7 - Parkview Baptist 5
    [D2] Vandebilt Catholic 3 - St Louis Catholic 1


  4. #4

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Cajun commits:
    Caleb Stelly (2022/Parkview Baptist)
    Lee Amedee (2022/St Amant)
    Clayton Porciau (2023/Catholic-BR)

    Other notable stars:
    Ethan Frey (2022/LSU/Rosepine)
    Tyler Lejeune (2022/Arizona/Iota)
    Luke Hill (2022/Arizona State/Episcopal)
    Alex Ainsworth (2023/Tulane/Catholic-BR)
    Jake Smith (2023/La Tech/Rosepine)
    William Schmidt (2024/Miss State/Catholic-BR)
    Hayden Federico (2024/Old Miss/West Monroe)
    John Pearson (2022/LSU/West Monroe)
    Stelly may be the top prep bat in the state this year, hitting over .400, 12 HRs and 53 RBI. Amedee may be almost as good.

  5. #5

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Stelly may be the top prep bat in the state this year, hitting over .400, 12 HRs and 53 RBI. Amedee may be almost as good.
    Lejeune and Hill are also studs. Will be interesting to see if they stay out west. PAC12 baseball is a completely different world than around here.

  6. #6

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Hayden Federico (2024/Old Miss/West Monroe)
    ULM’s coach’s son?

  7. #7

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    ULM’s coach’s son?
    Yes.

  8. #8

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    THURSDAY SCORES:

    5A
    St Amant 10 - Sulphur 7
    West Monroe 6 - Dutchtown 5 [Walk off 3 run HR]

    D1
    Catholic-BR 3 - Jesuit 1
    John Curtis 3 - Brother Martin 2

    4A
    North Vermilion 14 - North Desoto 2
    South Terrebonne 4 - Lakeshore 0

    3A
    Berwick 9 - Sterlington 8
    Lutcher 8 - Iota 1

    D3
    St Thomas Aquinas 9 - Episcopal 0
    St Charles 4 - Notre Dame 1

    D4
    Calvary Baptist 10 - Covenant Christian 9
    Ouachita Christian 10 - St Frederick 0


  9. #9

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES (My predictions in bold):

    FRIDAY
    B - 2:00 pm: (4) Converse vs (2) Choudrant [Sulphur/F41]
    C - 2:00 pm: (4) Hornbeck vs (3) Hicks [Sulphur/F40]
    D5 - 2:00 pm: (1) Claiborne Christian vs (2) Grace Christian [Hammond]
    D3 - 3:00 pm: (1) St Thomas Aquinas vs (2) St Charles [Hammond]
    2A - 6:00 pm: (1) Rosepine vs (11) Doyle [Sulphur/F41]
    1A - 6:00 pm: (1) Grand Lake vs (3) Oak Grove [Sulphur/F40]
    D2 - 7:00 pm: (8) University Lab vs (3) Vandebilt Catholic [Hammond]

    SATURDAY
    D4 - 11:00 am: (5) Calvary Baptist vs (3) Ouachita Christian [Hammond]
    4A - 2:00 pm: (1) North Vermilion vs (15) South Terrebonne [Sulphur/F41]
    3A - 2:00 pm: (1) Berwick vs (3) Lutcher [Sulphur/F40]
    5A - 6:00 pm: (8) St Amant vs (2) West Monroe [Sulphur/F41]
    D1 - 7:00 pm: (1) Catholic-BR vs (3) John Curtis [Hammond]


  10. #10

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    CHAMPIONSHIP SCORES:
    5A: West Monroe 9 - St Amant 5 (WM comes back from down 5-0 led by Federico)
    D1: Catholic BR 4 - John Curtis 1 (Down year for JC, will be back on top soon)
    4A: South Terrebonne 7 -North Vermilion 6 (Story of the year! No home field to play games)
    D2: Vandebilt Catholic 12 - University 2 (Menard continues to prove he's a top coach in the state)
    3A: Lutcher 5 - Berwick 4
    2A: Rosepine 10 - Doyle 0 (Rosepine unstoppable this year but their run will end soon)
    D3: Game moved to Monday at 6
    1A: Oak Grove 2 - Grand Lake 1 (GL just can't get over the hump & win a title/OG to 2A next year)
    D4: Calvary Baptist 12 - Ouachita Christian 4
    B: Choudrant 12 - Converse 6
    C: Hicks 9 - Hornbeck 0
    D5: Game will resume Monday at 2


  11. #11

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    D5: Claiborne Christian 8 - Grace Christian 0

    11/12 on my predictions with 1 game to go.


  12. #12

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    D5: Claiborne Christian 8 - Grace Christian 0

    11/12 on my predictions with 1 game to go.
    Casino, you need to go to Casino.

  13. #13

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    D5: Claiborne Christian 8 - Grace Christian 0

    11/12 on my predictions with 1 game to go.
    Pretty impressive by CC. Grace had some pop in their lineup for a small school. Especially for a school that got the #1 see with a total of 9 wins all year.

  14. #14

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Pretty impressive by CC. Grace had some pop in their lineup for a small school. Especially for a school that got the #1 see with a total of 9 wins all year.
    Grace Christian was 23-10 on the regular season.

  15. #15

    Default Re: LHSAA State Baseball Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    CHAMPIONSHIP SCORES:
    5A: West Monroe 9 - St Amant 5 (WM comes back from down 5-0 led by Federico)
    D1: Catholic BR 4 - John Curtis 1 (Down year for JC, will be back on top soon)
    4A: South Terrebonne 7 -North Vermilion 6 (Story of the year! No home field to play games)
    D2: Vandebilt Catholic 12 - University 2 (Menard continues to prove he's a top coach in the state)
    3A: Lutcher 5 - Berwick 4
    2A: Rosepine 10 - Doyle 0 (Rosepine unstoppable this year but their run will end soon)
    D3: Game moved to Monday at 6
    1A: Oak Grove 2 - Grand Lake 1 (GL just can't get over the hump & win a title/OG to 2A next year)
    D4: Calvary Baptist 12 - Ouachita Christian 4
    B: Choudrant 12 - Converse 6
    C: Hicks 9 - Hornbeck 0
    D5: Game will resume Monday at 2
    …..Well the Jesuit guys lost to the champs!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LHSAA Baseball State Tournament
    By cjr3888 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: May 18th, 2021, 03:50 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •