Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: Other Softball conference tournaments

  1. #16

    Default Re: Softball conference tournaments

    Tech beat Marshall 16-8. They play UNT tomorrow.


  2. #17
    lcitsh is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    UL Softball Re: Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Tech beat Marshall 16-8. They play UNT tomorrow.
    Here's some things to take note of: Tech was the regular season champion and is the #1 seed in the conference tournament. They are the 6th place rpi team in the conference with a current ranking of #92. North Texas is the #2 seed, the tournament is being played in Denton, Tech took 2 of 3 at UNT in the regular season.

  3. #18

    Default Re: Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Here's some things to take note of: Tech was the regular season champion and is the #1 seed in the conference tournament. They are the 6th place rpi team in the conference with a current ranking of #92. North Texas is the #2 seed, the tournament is being played in Denton, Tech took 2 of 3 at UNT in the regular season.
    Didn't we run rule tech in Broussard?

  4. #19
    alum81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Didn't we run rule tech in Broussard?
    I think they were at the tournament in Youngsville, but we didn’t play them. They played Alabama a lot better than we did that weekend. Lost 2-0. We are much improved since then.

  5. #20
    lcitsh is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Didn't we run rule tech in Broussard?
    They were part of the Crossover. We beat them in 6 at Lamson on March 4.

  6. #21

    Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    A quick look at other conferences that may affect whether the SBC gets 2 in the NCAA or our seeding in the NCAA.

    American Athletic
    SBC: Anyone but Houston among those left.
    UL: Same, but we want Houston to win today
    Atlantic Sun
    SBC: Liberty
    UL: Liberty
    Big 12
    SBC: Anyone but Iowa State
    UL: Texas
    Big Sky
    SBC: Weber State
    UL: Portland State
    Big 10
    SBC: Doesn't matter
    UL: Michigan or Northwestern, preferably Northwestern
    CUSA
    SBC: WKU
    UL: UNT
    Patriot
    SBC: Boston U
    UL: Boston U
    Southland
    SBC: no preference
    UL: McNeese
    Summit
    SBC: no preference
    UL: St. Thomas


  7. #22
    lcitsh is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    UL Softball Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    A quick look at other conferences that may affect whether the SBC gets 2 in the NCAA or our seeding in the NCAA.

    American Athletic
    SBC: Anyone but Houston among those left.
    UL: Same, but we want Houston to win today
    Atlantic Sun
    SBC: Liberty
    UL: Liberty
    Big 12
    SBC: Anyone but Iowa State
    UL: Texas
    Big Sky
    SBC: Weber State
    UL: Portland State
    Big 10
    SBC: Doesn't matter
    UL: Michigan or Northwestern, preferably Northwestern
    CUSA
    SBC: WKU
    UL: UNT
    Patriot
    SBC: Boston U
    UL: Boston U
    Southland
    SBC: no preference
    UL: McNeese
    Summit
    SBC: no preference
    UL: St. Thomas
    Big Sky - despite their rpi ranking, I doubt Weber State has a chance at an at large bid, so it shouldn't matter for the SBC who wins the auto bid.

    *C-USA - I'm curious as to why you think the SBC would want Western Kentucky to win the auto bid when Charlotte has the higher rpi. And, ideally, the Cajuns would want North Texas to play Louisiana Tech in the championship game, as long as Tech does not win it.

    Summit - St. Thomas is transitioning to Division 1 so they are not eligible to play in the conference tournament this season.

    *Ok, I just saw that Marshall eliminated Charlotte.

  8. #23

    Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Big Sky - despite their rpi ranking, I doubt Weber State has a chance at an at large bid, so it shouldn't matter for the SBC who wins the auto bid.

    *C-USA - I'm curious as to why you think the SBC would want Western Kentucky to win the auto bid when Charlotte has the higher rpi. And, ideally, the Cajuns would want North Texas to play Louisiana Tech in the championship game, as long as Tech does not win it.

    Summit - St. Thomas is transitioning to Division 1 so they are not eligible to play in the conference tournament this season.

    *Ok, I just saw that Marshall eliminated Charlotte.
    I still think that TxSt has a shot at an at large. I would rather they not have to worry about Weber or WKU, who have a better RPI than UNT.

  9. #24

    Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    North Texas all over Neck 6-0 early for a spot in the Championship.


  10. #25

    Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    North Texas all over Neck 6-0 early for a spot in the Championship.
    Good

  11. #26

    Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    UNT 11
    Tech 1
    Final [5 Innings]


  12. Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    By spending so much time focusing on RPI do we in essence harm ourselves? Shouldnt focus be on a new system, since hoops determined that RPI was obsolete, either it is or it isnt. How could it be a good indicator in one sport and bad in another?


  13. Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    The current active combined win streak for UL softball and football is at 25. Do you think this is best in nation, and if so will the “media” highlight it?


  14. #29

    Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    By spending so much time focusing on RPI do we in essence harm ourselves? Shouldnt focus be on a new system, since hoops determined that RPI was obsolete, either it is or it isnt. How could it be a good indicator in one sport and bad in another?
    Focus should be on winning in a schedule set up to maximize RPI. We do not have a new system, though we probably should.

  15. #30

    Default Re: Other Softball conference tournaments

    McNeese over SELA 10-4 Final

    Cowgirls win SLC Tournament


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rooting interest in the conference tournaments ...
    By GoneGolfin in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: May 24th, 2018, 09:12 pm
  2. LA Awarded Baseball, Softball Tournaments for 2018
    By NewsCopy in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 11th, 2016, 07:05 pm
  3. SBC Offices & Tournaments in Atlanta?
    By gatadotcom in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 17th, 2012, 08:39 pm
  4. RPI entering Conf Tournaments
    By CajunDreDog in forum Post Season and Bowls
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 26th, 2011, 12:54 pm
  5. Louisiana to host Sunbelt Conference tournaments
    By NewsCopy in forum Conference Matters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2004, 04:53 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •