Thread: Baseball: Since the Troy & Nicholls Downslide

Poll Baseball: Since the Troy & Nicholls Downslide

March 18 to 23rd earlier this season. Swept by Troy over the weekend and lost to Nicholls the following midweek game. The season appeared to be going off the rails, and Cajuns baseball wasn't exactly fun to watch at that point.

Since then, we're 20-6. That's 0.769 winning baseball.

We may look back on the early part of the season and regret the several "missed opportunities", but it does appear the team and the coaching staff have found a groove. Hopefully a trend that continues for us to finish out the season (Regional or not) and can carry over into a bit better beginning to next season.

In 2013 we were 37-17 going into the conference tournament. We ended up coming out of the losers bracket in BR to play in the Regional championship game.

We're currently 28-17, with a pretty decent shot to go 7-2 or 6-3 for the remaining games. That would be only 2 or 3 games off from where we were going into the tournament with that 2013 team.

I know there's been some displeasure with some folks on how Deggs may have managed this team so far, but we appear to be on a pretty decent upward trajectory.

Default Re: Baseball: Since the Troy & Nicholls Downslide

We are in a more positive direction for sure. Each year is a different situation in regards to records, stolen bids come tournament time, RPI…thats why the first part of the season and the missed opportunities sting so much. U just never know. Every game matters. Like the legend always said, you need to make your push relevant. And we making our push in the second half of the year .

3. Default Re: Baseball: Since the Troy & Nicholls Downslide

Well let’s win the tournament and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well let’s win the tournament and be done with it.
    I’m just going to assume you mean the CWS in Omaha and agree with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I’m just going to assume you mean the CWS in Omaha and agree with you!!!
    Have you been hibernating? It's good to see you back, or am I just overlooking your posts!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Have you been hibernating? It's good to see you back, or am I just overlooking your posts!
    1000% purposeful hibernating from here. Hard to deal with the politics/______!ng constantly on here.

I saw you at a baseball game couple weeks back and called out your name but you didn't turn around. Didn't want to yell it any louder. Lol

Only made like 4 games this season... Ugh geez that's only about $55-60/game I paid to go.... LOL

Hell throw in gas for the trip and food (gotta eat out in Lafayette when I come to town) that's $100/game. Lol

Thread Information