Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC Softball Tournament

UL Softball SBC Softball Tournament

Bracket is set. How do you feel?

First impression is we’re avoiding all the teams that beat us in the regular season. So, alright.

https://sunbeltsports.org/news/2022/...mpionship.aspx

Default Re: Sun Belt Softball Tournament

Feel like the Cajuns are getting hot at the right time.

The only teams that really concern me are USA and Texas State, especially Texas State.

We wont see either until the winners bracket final.

I am predicting us vs TxSt in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The only teams that really concern me are USA and Texas State, especially Texas State.

We wont see either until the winners bracket final.

I am predicting us vs TxSt in the finals.
    TXST has the nations longest winning streak after Boston U lost yesterday. 15 straight wins. They are coming in red hot.

Interesting thing is they are on the same side of the bracket as 2 teams that they lost series to-Appy and SOAL.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    TXST has the nations longest winning streak after Boston U lost yesterday. 15 straight wins. They are coming in red hot.

Interesting thing is they are on the same side of the bracket as 2 teams that they lost series to-Appy and SOAL.
    Wonder how much Mullins has pitched during their streak?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Wonder how much Mullins had pitched during their streak?
    A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A lot.
    212 innings pitched. Their next pitcher is in the 60s.

If the Cajuns can make it to Saturday, I think they have a huge advantage in the circle. TXST, SOAL, Troy, all have a great arm that they rely on heavily. The mileage adds up though.

The Cajuns can role with any one of Landry, Lamb and Schorman. Even a combo of all of them. Although that’s usually not a great sign when all three end up in the box score.

It’ll be interesting to see who gets the call in game 1. I’m thinking Schorman or Landry.

If the Cajuns can make it to Saturday, I think they have a huge advantage in the circle. TXST, SOAL, Troy, all have a great arm that they rely on heavily. The mileage adds up though.

The Cajuns can role with any one of Landry, Lamb and Schorman. Even a combo of all of them. Although that’s usually not a great sign when all three end up in the box score.

It’ll be interesting to see who gets the call in game 1. I’m thinking Schorman or Landry.
    I'm thinking Lamb.

Wonder if Hayden will be back for the tournament. Glasco said she's day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Wonder if Hayden will be back for the tournament. Glasco said she's day to day.
    I believe she will be.

8 vs 9: the birds battle; I can not pull for the covid chickens more than I cannot pull for the warchicks.

7 vs 10: the battle of Georgia; who cares

GEAUX CAJUNS

Have any of the sites for future years been announced?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I believe she will be.
    I wish the tournament was a true double elimination for the team in the final with no losses.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I wish the tournament was a true double elimination for the team in the final with no losses.
    TXST was the beneficiary of that in 2018 in Lafayette. We beat them to send them to the losers bracket. Then we met again in the finals. They won a tournament championship even though we had an equal number of losses.

On the flip side, Cajuns baseball won a championship from the losers bracket too. 2015 maybe?

TXST was the beneficiary of that in 2018 in Lafayette. We beat them to send them to the losers bracket. Then we met again in the finals. They won a tournament championship even though we had an equal number of losses.

On the flip side, Cajuns baseball won a championship from the losers bracket too. 2015 maybe?
    The baseball tournament in Troy? That was an unbelievable tournament for us.

(The following is my recollection - may the truth unfold!) We have a lead in game 1 but dropped a fly ball in left-center field to lose the game. Game 2 is against the home team, Troy. We start out getting down 0-5 early, then coming back to beat them. ... In the finals we play South Al, I believe. The game is close and getting along in innings. They have a STUD reliever that comes in; we get a towering home run over their right field fence, hitting the school building out there to give us the lead and the win!

Now, I leave it up to you guys to correct my memory failings!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information