Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SBC Softball Tournament

Default Re: Sun Belt Softball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    The baseball tournament in Troy? That was an unbelievable tournament for us.

(The following is my recollection - may the truth unfold!) We have a lead in game 1 but dropped a fly ball in left-center field to lose the game. Game 2 is against the home team, Troy. We start out getting down 0-5 early, then coming back to beat them. ... In the finals we play South Al, I believe. The game is close and getting along in innings. They have a STUD reliever that comes in; we get a towering home run over their right field fence, hitting the school building out there to give us the lead and the win!

Now, I leave it up to you guys to correct my memory failings!
    Yep and not just a home run but a grand slam by Stephen Trosclair

The Hoax with a pitching change after their starter registers one out in the top of the first. Coastal with several hits in a row. 2-0 already.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The Hoax with a pitching change after their starter registers one out in the top of the first. Coastal with several hits in a row. 2-0 already.
    We must have worn them out, they look really, really bad. I predict we get the covid chicks tomorrow.

ULM getting broken 5-0 in the 3rd.

5. Default Re: Sun Belt Softball Tournament

Yeah, I think we will get the Covid Chick (ens) as well. Not much difference in RPI between CCU and ULM. ULM is at 132 while CC is at 135, the difference would be win/loss % with ULM having a 27-26 record, while CC has a record of 21-27 coming into this game.

We had some crazy rallies in that regional too, some 2 out 4 or 5 run rallies if I remember

Monrovians are one and done.

8. Default Re: Sun Belt Softball Tournament

Going to the bottom of the 5th, #7 Georgia State is leading #10 Georgia Southern 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Monrovians are one and done.
    Bring on the Beach Chickens.

Not sure if you can combine all these game and conference threads, Turbine.

Louisiana and Troy advance in the winners bracket.

Coastal and UTA into the losers.

Monroe and Georgia Southern eliminated thus far.

South Al and TXST in a tight one to see who takes on the Cajuns tomorrow. Lackie (who threw 5 innings yesterday) and Mullins (all 7 vs. App) both pitching again today.

South leading 2-1 in the 5th. I’d like to see TXST tie it up and play a few extra innings.

I don’t know too much about arm fatigue in softball, but I can imagine going 3 days in a row will start to take its toll if one of those 2 start tomorrow.

I think that really favors the Cajuns who can roll 3 pitchers out there that will be pretty rested. Landry cruised today in 5 innings, Schorman will have a full day of rest and Lamb saw only 2 batters on Wednesday.

A couple of elimination games follow this afternoon. Beach chickens and App then UTA vs. Georgia state.

Default Re: SB: Sun Belt Softball Tournament

You got your wish. 8th inning.

Ask and you shall receive. Jags and cats going to the 8th tied 2-2. Both pitchers well over 100 pitches and still looking solid.

TXST wins in the 9th. You’d think the coach of the year would have pulled that one out
    I’m picking on the sunbelt, not Becky Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    South Al and TXST in a tight one to see who takes on the Cajuns tomorrow. Lackie (who threw 5 innings yesterday) and Mullins (all 7 vs. App) both pitching again today.

South leading 2-1 in the 5th. I’d like to see TXST tie it up and play a few extra innings.

I don’t know too much about arm fatigue in softball, but I can imagine going 3 days in a row will start to take its toll if one of those 2 start tomorrow.

I think that really favors the Cajuns who can roll 3 pitchers out there that will be pretty rested. Landry cruised today in 5 innings, Schorman will have a full day of rest and Lamb saw only 2 batters on Wednesday.

A couple of elimination games follow this afternoon. Beach chickens and App then UTA vs. Georgia state.
    It's great that we have 3 excellent pitchers to rely on and none of them have thrown near the amount of innings that Mullins has. This really should benefit us tomorrow and for the rest of the tournament.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information