Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB G2: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana vs UTA

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Getting really irritated with Brandon’s play at the plate and just recently in the 8th, defensively at first base.

Brian
    I said to my wife, I thought the error was really on him. He had no chance of making the play so should have been on the bag.

Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Not many. Hence the reason i said the season rarely goes as you plan it out in Feb. But rarely do those “guys” ever become irrelevant the rest of a season and are non contributors either. Process that however u want, this team should of been better the first half of the season. As a coach, dont come out yelling this is a regional team and lay an egg.
    OK.you guys need to get used to what Coach Deggs says, especially before the season. He's probably ALWAYS going to say it's a regional team.

It's coachspeak (for him.)

So, if we fall short and you guys start screaming "But he said we were a regional team" that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    OK.you guys need to get used to what Coach Deggs says, especially before the season. He's probably ALWAYS going to say it's a regional team.

So, if we fall short and you guys start screaming "But he said we were a regional team" that's on you.
    Just like Maggard said the basketball team will stay tougher because of Big Fish . it's AD speak

Nope. I don’t manage the team. I don’t control what he says. That’s on him. CALM THE NATIVES.

Coach's speak or not, it carries weight with fans. As much as I like Deggs, he sets his own standard by default for the program when he says stuff like that. So when we don't accomplish it, people will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Coach's speak or not, it carries weight with fans. As much as I like Deggs, he sets his own standard by default for the program when he says stuff like that. So when we don't accomplish it, people will be disappointed.
    Oh, I know that. And, I'm not going to tell people how to feel. But I'm allowed to scratch my bald head over people who don't get it.

7. Default Re: BB G2: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

Deggs is at the podium preseason and gets this question:

Coach, what are your realistic expectations of the playoff potential for this team - Omaha, Super Regional, Regional, watch from home?

Those not happy with his indication that this is a Regional Team, please suggest the appropriate answer from the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Marusak makes another top ten catch in center.

UTa starters this weekend have had some filthy stuff. Hope our batters can make some adjustments
    .and the truth can be toldhe didn't catch it.

9. Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana vs UTA

It was an even better fake than it was a catch.

10. Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana vs UTA

RF (Hood?) did a great job of play acting with Marusak.

Brian

Brian
    Was going to say the same thing

Brian
    Yes. The only thing that could have indicated he did not make the catch is he held the ball up with his bare hand. If you catch, it, you hold up your glove.

Irony: Darin Thomas is one of the coaches who voted for three umpires in conference play. If it was a four man crew, they probably get the call right.

13. Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana vs UTA

Yes. The only thing that could have indicated he did not make the catch is he held the ball up with his bare hand. If you catch, it, you hold up your glove.

Irony: Darin Thomas is one of the coaches who voted for three umpires in conference play. If it was a four man crew, they probably get the call right.
    Not sure if a 2B umpire would’ve been able to see much better. He did a great job of shielding the aftermath of the catch with his body, just as he did when he went to his right side against ULM. That’s a pro move. The irony with Thomas still stands though

His expectation as well as my expectation as well as your expectation this year are all the same. Im NOT just going off of coach speak, in fact it would be disappointing if he DIDNT say that. And this SHOULD be a regional team, but there is alot to be decided in the next 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    His expectation as well as my expectation as well as your expectation this year are all the same. Im NOT just going off of coach speak, in fact it would be disappointing if he DIDNT say that. And this SHOULD be a regional team, but there is alot to be decided in the next 3 weeks
    It's rare that I have expectations. Especially in baseball.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information