Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB G1: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

1. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

Curious as to why you guys want ULM to beat Tx St? Tx St losing to ULM would be a net negative for us

Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs UTA

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    They did score him an error but it was a really tough play to his right. Great night though for the Frosh.
    That was an error. Runners at 1st & 2nd, he had an easy throw to 3rd to get the lead runner. Different if he has to make a throw to 1st.

Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Curious as to why you guys want ULM to beat Tx St? Tx St losing to ULM would be a net negative for us
    Not in regards to winning the conference

4. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Not in regards to winning the conference
    Everything, at this point, suggests the trip to San Marcos will be a defacto SBC regular season championship. I’d rather control our destiny, play a team with a higher RPI, on the road, and strengthen our at large chances. I get your point about winning the league though.

Everything, at this point, suggests the trip to San Marcos will be a defacto SBC regular season championship. I’d rather control our destiny, play a team with a higher RPI, on the road, and strengthen our at large chances. I get your point about winning the league though.
    This right here. 100%

Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana vs UTA

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That was an error. Runners at 1st & 2nd, he had an easy throw to 3rd to get the lead runner. Different if he has to make a throw to 1st.
    I thought it was a tough play away from his body to his right. But not sure one could score it a hit too. Just a tough play in my opinion.

It's easier to control your own destiny if you are one more game closer to first place. I'm of the opinion winning the regular season title in the 5th best league in America will mean something in the eyes of the committee. If it was just RPI, you wouldn't need a committee.

8. Default Re: BB G1: Louisiana 4, UTA 3

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    It's easier to control your own destiny if you are one more game closer to first place. I'm of the opinion winning the regular season title in the 5th best league in America will mean something in the eyes of the committee. If it was just RPI, you wouldn't need a committee.
    WoW

You did it again.

ps Words of Wisdom.

We are three games behind Tx St so we win out and they win out (excluding our series) then we have to sweep them to tie. A tie I assume we would have the tie breaker since we swept?

I don’t think it matters anyway since GaSou in second has two easy series left. If we sweep TxSt I think GaSou wins the conference.

We almost have to win the conference to get an at large in my opinion.

Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana vs UTA

Just putting this out there. UTA has 14 wins on the season. We had to win it in the 9th and acted like we won the world series. And it looks like we havent got out of bed yet today.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Just putting this out there. UTA has 14 wins on the season. We had to win it in the 9th and acted like we won the world series. And it looks like we havent got out of bed yet today.
    That was just a walk off celebration. That happens everywhere in College Baseball.

Boys do need to handle up here in the back end of the game.

13. Default Re: BSBL GM2 Louisiana vs UTA

That had everything to do with King, the starter for UTA. That dude was good.

So now we complain after wins??

Good grief

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    So now we complain after wins??

Good grief
    Not complaining…. Just stating the truth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information