Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "You ain't a Cajuns fan if."

Default Re: "You ain't a Cajuns fan if."

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If you've never asked the question "Do they sell beer there?" before deciding on away trips with the teams. you most certainly are not a Cajuns fan

Great question on the cocktails at kickoff thing 71. That's something to investigate.
    To combine you and 71’s comments. I ask that about every away trip and when it’s dry like at liberty we stuff the boots with whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    No, that's not them. There's two songs they do after every play. One of them is a snippet of the fight song (I don't mind that one as much), and idk the name of the other but they've played it CONSTANTLY ever since we played Southern in 2014. It got annoying really fast lol
    "Cornbread" by the late, great Beau Jacque

You Know You're a Cajun Fanwhen the team is down by 18 in the 4th, there's a wind chill in the 30's and you pour your last drop of Everclear on the aluminum bleacher and set it on fire to keep warm so you can stay till the end

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    "Cornbread" by the late, great Beau Jacque
    I bet that is it. I like the Beau Jocque song I just wish they didn't play it so much during the games. Oh well it really isn't that big of a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Is that similar to a Zima, and can I walk there from corner bar?
    You can walk to corner bar from Legends but idk about the return trip. Usually required an Uber by that time.

If you put an jolly rancher into a zima it kinda tastes like a Truly. That was my jam back in the day. Bandstand in St Martinville, thought I was puking up blood. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    To combine you and 71’s comments. I ask that about every away trip and when it’s dry like at liberty we stuff the boots with whiskey
    Man I didn't know you was bringing boot Jay Mo to liberty. I missed out on a great beat down

You know you’re a Cajun fan when you travel to BR to watch an NIT game where UNO came from 22 back to beat LSU and your buddies lift you up and you slap a “USL Basketball #1 in Louisiana” bumper sticker on a door transom. Yes, of course I was wearing Cajun gear.

Or getting food poisoning in Starkvegas on FB road-trip with the Deballions in the 80’s. Ended up in ER with a Billy Bob doctor, asked me which side I wanted the shot. Told him, as I was heaving, he was in America, he had freedom of choice.

Or tried bringing “Elvira” home from Knoxville in a suitcase (took cardboard cutout from bar) but she wouldn’t fold right. Other lesson, don’t make up a ditty and sing it in a bar full of Vol fans, you might hear Mark Chestnut singing the same basic lyrics and melody a few years later on the radio.

Touchdown Jesus while in Milwaukee, already shared that one.

8. Default Re: "You ain't a Cajuns fan if."

"I love Lafayette"
    "I love Lafayette"
    "I love the university"
    "I love being here"

Man, if he doesn't know the name and just loves the U because of of the town, he should have been fired a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You Know You're a Cajun Fanwhen the team is down by 18 in the 4th, there's a wind chill in the 30's and you pour your last drop of Everclear on the aluminum bleacher and set it on fire to keep warm so you can stay till the end
    LOLOLOL. Please tell me that's a true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    LOLOLOL. Please tell me that's a true story.
    I ain't lying!!

If you don’t have great memories of tossing the football on the hill outside of Cajun Field while Nickel Beer plays on the stage under the oak trees.

12. Default Re: "You ain't a Cajuns fan if."

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    If you don’t have great memories of tossing the football on the hill outside of Cajun Field while Nickel Beer plays on the stage under the oak trees.
    Hard core

13. Default Re: "You ain't a Cajuns fan if."

(. you didn't know) Buddy Glass had the 3rd lowest ERA in the country.

He was fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If you don't like this episode, you ain't a Cajuns fan
    I can't stand Gerry and Josh.

If you never walked into the Tigue carring your own ice chest you are not a Cajun fan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information