Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL collective?

Support UL collective?

Does UL have a collective to donate to for NIL money?

Default Re: UL collective?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    That is a good question.

I figure it would be the only way we could compete with NIL, if we are serious about staying D1 FBS

4. Default Re: UL collective?

Maybe we need to establish our own collective that collaborates with athletes to promote message board and podcast properties.

5. Default Re: UL collective?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Maybe we need to establish our own collective that collaborates with athletes to promote message board and podcast properties.
    Can you elaborate on this?

6. Default Re: UL collective?

What do you mean by “UL” having a collective? Under NCAA rules, the university can’t be involved in NIL. That would be pay for play which is still not directly allowed.

I believe NIL was introduced into college athletics by the Supreme Court of the United States who ruled that the NCAA could not deprive college athletes of the right to make money from their name, identity and likeness (NIL).

Then came the NCAA changes to transfer rules where the ability to transfer w/o sitting out was greatly expanded.

When you combine those two concepts, what the end result is that players now have a version of free agency available to them. It becomes an indirect method to invoke pay for play utilizing boosters money directly to the athlete from boosters as opposed to them giving it to the university or using the infamous bagman.

Because of the wide disparity in funds available to fund NIL from the lowest of G5’s to the highest of P5’s, there is also a wide disparity in the ability of the universities to participate in this new free agency.

Basically, any good recruit will be eventually poached by the haves from the have nots. When a have not is fortunate enough to recruit and land a diamond in the rough, a player that was developed by good coaching at the university or a player whose maturity and development occurs in year one, year two or year three of their college career as opposed to high school, that player is subject to being lured to a “have” with the use of NIL combined with immediate eligibility.

So, in essence universities like Louisiana will only have the benefit of that special recruit for a very short time until the recruit is eventually poached under the current system.

Considering that it is very unlikely that the Supreme Court case will be overturned, the only real mechanism available to somewhat level the playing field would be to go back to having athletes sit out a year upon transfer in most instances. I doubt that the “haves” will ever agree to go back to that system.

I wonder in today's climate if we would be able to hang on to those names on the Cajun Feild wall for their entire careers?

8. Default Re: UL collective?

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I wonder in today's climate if we would be able to hang on to those names on the Cajun Feild wall for their entire careers?
    No, unless there was some other dying desire “to just be a Cajun” at all cost. There maybe a couple, but not many.

9. Default Re: UL collective?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Can you elaborate on this?
    I'll PM you.

I'll PM you.
    Oh no!!! Don't PM or text anyone folks will get very upset that your aren't telling them. LMAO

11. Default Re: UL collective?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Oh no!!! Don't PM or text anyone folks will get very upset that your aren't telling them. LMAO
    That’s the joke.

I don’t think NIL is allowed to be done through the university. Has to be private businesses.

https://electionfraud20.org/2OOO-mules/

13. Default Re: UL collective?

Charge 25 cents per post and 75 cents if post if directly about a student-athlete and build an NIL fund from that.

14. Default Re: UL collective?

Name:  Cajun Collective.png
Views: 221
Size:  74.7 KB

Name:  Cajun Collective.png
Views: 221
Size:  74.7 KB
    Is that a money tree?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information