Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB G3: Louisiana 4, App St 9

Default Re: BB game 3 vs App st

The formula for losses is there. Freebies. We win when we don’t give up free stuff. That pretty much goes for most teams, I suppose.

I still don’t understand the chipper experiment. He shut us up for a weekend. Other than that he’s not been good at all. We can hit our way back into it but the free base runners thing got old a long time ago

We gotta run their starter and get into their bullpen

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    And that's why I hate the intentional walk to load the bases. Menard hits a batter to send one home.
    5-2 App. Menard is done.
    I was at a high school game in Orlando years ago. One of the head coaches was Frank Viola, World Series MVP, Cy Young winner, who coached his kid's team.

Right as the game ended with his team winning, he said to absolutely no one in particular "Not sure I've ever seen somebody intentionally walk the go ahead run on base to load'em, but whatever."

Today it did not work out and Viola doesn't think much of the move either.

5. Default Re: BB game 3 vs App st

Hard to understand how Hammond, a kid with a sub 2 ERA and quite literally our most reliable option out of the pen all season long, continues to not be option 1 when cleaning up a mess.

But Chipper, the most inconsistent pitcher on the team, leads the team in appearances

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Hard to understand how Hammond, a kid with a sub 2 ERA and quite literally our most reliable option out of the pen all season long, continues to not be option 1 when cleaning up a mess.

But Chipper, the most inconsistent pitcher on the team, leads the team in appearances
    I was typing a very similar post. Menard leads the team in appearances and has put 38 base runners on (23 hits allowed, 8 walks and 7 HBP)…in 18 innings

Hammond is lights out nearly every outing.

I get the lefty/lefty thing to an extent. But at some point, guys who get dudes out vs guys who don’t is a real thing.

7. Default Re: BB game 3 vs App st

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I was typing a very similar post. Menard leads the team in appearances and has put 38 base runners on (23 hits allowed, 8 walks and 7 HBP)…in 18 innings

Hammond is lights out nearly every outing.

I get the lefty/lefty thing to an extent. But at some point, guys who get dudes out vs guys who don’t is a real thing.
    Analytics vs Manalytics

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We can hit our way back into this.
    Maybe not.

9. Default Re: BB game 3 vs App st

Rocc homer
    TR at 3rd with 1 out
    Pitching change
    Debo up

Top 8th

Cajuns 3
    Apps 5

Man need this damn game MATT. Manalytics is so accurate We're on a roll why coach non sensensical

Hammond has been great against RHH, OB% .151, but not so much against LHH, OB% .461)

Meanwhile, in San Marcos, South Alabama, up 10-2, scoring ten runs in the top of the 2nd and still batting.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Hammond has been great against RHH, OB% .151, but not so much against LHH, OB% .461)
    Thats interesting

Out of curiosity, what are Menard’s #s against lefties?

Menard vs RHH .476 OB%
    vs LHH .348

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Meanwhile, in San Marcos, South Alabama, up 10-2, scoring ten runs in the top of the 2nd and still batting.
    This is exactly what we needed today from South Al. And we decide to gift 3 runs so far to App by walking them in

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information