Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Cajuns Golf

Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Golf

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Do they have caddies? And are the caddies on scholarship?
    Caddies? On scholarship?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Caddies? On scholarship?
    They not on scholly…they can only have NIL deals

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    They not on scholly…they can only have NIL deals
    Careful with thathe'll believe you

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ragin Cajuns Golf

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Caddies? On scholarship?
    Ask any PGA tour pro. They'll tell you just how important a really good caddy is. For all you non-players on this board, caddies really don't just carry clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Ask any PGA tour pro. They'll tell you just how important a really good caddy is. For all you non-players on this board, caddies really don't just carry clubs.
    Most are only a few strokes away from making the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Interesting how an underperforming coach never seems to get reviewed. 12 years of mediocrity (or below). Basketball gets scrutinized, but not golf. I suppose non-revenue sports are of little concern, but should be. We have the facility and there is no reason that golf should not be a conference leader year in and year out. JMO.
    How many years old is that facility? How long has it been a recruiting tool? Honest question? The reason I ask is I was told this week by a friend of Eli Ortego’s family that he was the 2nd best freshman in the conference this year. A couple more classes like that and you could be on top of the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Interesting how an underperforming coach never seems to get reviewed. 12 years of mediocrity (or below). Basketball gets scrutinized, but not golf. I suppose non-revenue sports are of little concern, but should be. We have the facility and there is no reason that golf should not be a conference leader year in and year out. JMO.
    I agree. I really like Theo as a person but it’s time the University moves on from him. Great guy but not a good coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Are season tickets sales down? Has he lost fan support?
    They are not streaming home tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Most are only a few strokes away from making the tour.
    Teddy Scott!!

10. Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Has the sunbelt added the extra ref/ump that the p5 uses? Our refs in SBC golf are horrible

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Has the sunbelt added the extra ref/ump that the p5 uses? Our refs in SBC golf are horrible
    They are adding a hole 9 coach

12. Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Golf

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    bump

13. Default Re: Ragin Cajuns Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The coach didnt keep his cart on the cart path.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    How many years old is that facility? How long has it been a recruiting tool? Honest question? The reason I ask is I was told this week by a friend of Eli Ortego’s family that he was the 2nd best freshman in the conference this year. A couple more classes like that and you could be on top of the conference.
    We've had good signing classes in recent years. I posted it a while back in another thread. Have a few #1 or #2 ranked players from their states and a JUCO All-American on the roster. However, only Dubinski has improved in his years on the roster. Most either stayed the same or their results went downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    We've had good signing classes in recent years. I posted it a while back in another thread. Have a few #1 or #2 ranked players from their states and a JUCO All-American on the roster. However, only Dubinski has improved in his years on the roster. Most either stayed the same or their results went downhill.
    Most college golfers have a personal instructor since they were in high school and that remains the same in college from a game development stand point. College golf coaches do very little in teaching swing technique and coaching fundamentals. For example Chris Popp has done more to develop Eli Ortego's game than Theo has. It is that way for all golfers. So a new coach might recruit better but the developmental part will likely not change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information